Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Default Re: Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Wearing cardigans, loud pullovers & tweeds were once the sort of fashions that were a sign that men were getting older.
    It would still be fair to say that vthis is so I'd say Richard - I think it applies more up North and the Midlands than down South

Even me personaly though i am trying to avoid gravitating towards the likes of Greenwoods and M & S taht I constitute "as old men shops" and as far as that goes never even left that benchmark 30 years/40 years a-go when young men then was young men!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Iím 61 ...
    Jeans plus t shirts for me ( casual )
    I keep thinking that as soon as a person becomes 60, they turn into Clive Dunn or Percy Sugden when it comes to how they dress - now they remain "Cliff Richard" from a fashion perspective.

I just cannot imagine my own father wearing t-shirt and jeans, even when he was younger - women would be accused of "mutton dressed as lamb" only a few decades ago.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Default Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I keep thinking that as soon as a person becomes 60, they turn into Clive Dunn or Percy Sugden when it comes to how they dress - now they remain "Cliff Richard" from a fashion perspective.

I just cannot imagine my own father wearing t-shirt and jeans, even when he was younger - women would be accused of "mutton dressed as lamb" only a few decades ago.
    I think it depends on Ďhowí you wear it or how young you Ďappearí ..

Iíve basically never grown up

I love modern music , GoT , social media and I play multiplayer Call of Duty online ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it depends on ‘how’ you wear it or how young you ‘appear’ ..
    When men dressed more conservatively, they looked like pensioners by the time they reached 45 - now some still look like teenagers who would need to show proof of age if they bought alcohol or tobacco.

I’ve basically never grown up
    It must take a lot of guts to say that, as it's probably true about myself as well.

Iíll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20ís. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself ďhmmm, youíre probably a bit old for this get up now loveĒ but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, Iím always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
    1976 Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    Iíll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20ís. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself ďhmmm, youíre probably a bit old for this get up now loveĒ but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, Iím always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
    The only thing Iíve never ever worn and never will is a ... baseball cap ..

Now they just seem to suit youngsters ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20’s. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself “hmmm, you’re probably a bit old for this get up now love” but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, I’m always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
    I'm in a similar position, still buying clothes that would look out of place on a teenager.

I've also noticed a lot of older people dress like people of a similar age would 40 year ago, when they would have barley been middle aged.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I’ll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20’s. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself “hmmm, you’re probably a bit old for this get up now love” but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, I’m always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
    I think that I will refer back to that if I ever buy those sort of clothes in order to remind myself that I am still normal.

The only thing I’ve never ever worn and never will is a ... baseball cap ..

Now they just seem to suit youngsters …
    Are you referring to it being worn properly or back to front?

Never mind about hats, I am just grateful for the hair on my head.