Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

I’ll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20’s. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself “hmmm, you’re probably a bit old for this get up now love” but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, I’m always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      I’ll be 43 next month and I still buy logo t-shirts and umpteen trainers like I did in my teens and 20’s. I sometimes catch my wrinkly face in the mirror and think to myself “hmmm, you’re probably a bit old for this get up now love” but then again I think we have definitely reached a time where young, middle aged and old are wearing similar things. That said, I’m always amazed that some classically old dressed old people are still around. I mean old men with flat caps and proper big coats and trousers or old women with twin sets etc. They look like the old people of my youth.
      The only thing I’ve never ever worn and never will is a ... baseball cap ..

Now they just seem to suit youngsters ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm in a similar position, still buying clothes that would look out of place on a teenager.

I've also noticed a lot of older people dress like people of a similar age would 40 year ago, when they would have barley been middle aged.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think that I will refer back to that if I ever buy those sort of clothes in order to remind myself that I am still normal.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            The only thing I’ve never ever worn and never will is a ... baseball cap ..

Now they just seem to suit youngsters …
            Are you referring to it being worn properly or back to front?

Never mind about hats, I am just grateful for the hair on my head.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Are you referring to it being worn properly or back to front?

Never mind about hats, I am just grateful for the hair on my head.
              Worn at all ...

Comment

Worn at all ...

...and lived to tell the tale on here.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Worn at all ...

One of the things the noughties can giv the 80s that the 80s/90s never had is the Man-Bag look with branded T-Shirt and Windrunner and said Man-Bag worn over your chest as if your doing an inpersonation of Roy Cropper photoing Trains - not as I am slating guys like Roy, but they are all so small only a small Camera could fit in to them .... anyway though i am pleased even at 40 plus I can copy to good effect that guys 25 years younger are doing .... (and i may ... may add a pic minus the face of course) for illustrating reasons!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                  X