Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

I hope it's ok to add, but feel that I must before I continue this thread, that though yeah there is similar threads, that I must admitt that this thread is inspired by trying out some new Hair Gel and was created very geneticly in mind over an extremley broad span pof things - remembering that upoon useing Hair Gel tonight - this is one thingIi only use on special, special occasions or did - that only on occasions and other like minded fashion and fashion products etc that are in/get in use, but it got me around to thinking - like with the "old Windrunner" and Farrahs etc -even just popping out down the "Youth Club" or like when I was 18 I started going to my Man Old Man's/Grandafather's Club (though I shall not say which political allegeance it is/was), but it was perhaps the only decent thing my Father did for me at the age of coming of age (as was chosen as 18 for me, before Friday and saturday and then every other Clubbing Night exploded circa late 90s) which of course required a degree of dress sense like "casual office attire", but which fashions including (if so these 2 above did you go through) in any aspect of life - from a man or woman's stance too

Even dow to like your first Job - everyone recalls like Graham Taylor RIP and el Tel "Terry Venables" wearing those semi-outragous pastrol wavy ties in the mid 90s which even Mr Robson on Grange Hilla dapted for a short-ish period. Perhaps that was your Tie of choice, or did you lady's go for a Lisa Stansfield hair-do in your first Job/first few days to make an impression

Either way it all has me thinking - I mean look too at Rodders on Only Fools and the James dean "look" and Uncle albert said "was that before the Crash or after", but it it regadless is immortal in time and always will be thought of (but with slight alterings over the years) from Jeans and Leather Jacket and Plain White T, but going back as far as the Legend that was the great James Dean and Don McClean's referencing of him in American Pie - even then John travolta took over his style as i am sure others did in interweaving periods

Thanks for any iimputs and thoughts and poinions etc etc over such a vast area of how this gene of Fashion can apply here, that you guys and gals may have here

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 02-08-2018, 20:56.

Re: Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

I'm afraid I did not follow fashion(s) - why would I want to look like anyone else?
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I couldn't believe that I used to wear shell suits in the early 1990s - these days, it would look like a parody of Baxter from Grange Hill or someone trying to train for the assault course round on The Krypton Factor.

Pity that I was too young to remember when flares were fashionable - I have always thought of them being out of date.

Why indeed would anyone want to look like anyone else? - At the end of the day, we are all individuals of ourselves, and even identical twins and doppelgangers are.

I do wish that judges and barristers would stop wearing those wigs that went out of fashion at the end of the 18th century though.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Strictly jeans and tee shirt man here
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I think that I should try the t-shirt and jeans thing - a black or white t-shirt with a probable ironic slogan on the front of it; stretch jeans with no belt on them, and something sticking out of the back pocket.

But then again, considering how Jeremy Clarkson was ridiculed for being middle-aged and wearing jeans when he was on Top Gear, it might have made me think twice of doing that.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            I think that I should try the t-shirt and jeans thing - a black or white t-shirt with a probable ironic slogan on the front of it; stretch jeans with no belt on them, and something sticking out of the back pocket.

But then again, considering how Jeremy Clarkson was ridiculed for being middle-aged and wearing jeans when he was on Top Gear, it might have made me think twice of doing that.
            I'm 60, wear jeans all the time....Common fashion faux pas include double denim ie denim jeans and denim jacket together or jeans and formal jacket
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I can just about remember when men wore cloth caps and brown jackets as soon they become 60. How things have changed since then.

The double denim didn't do Shakin' Stevens any harm back in the 1980s did it?
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Wearing cardigans, loud pullovers & tweeds were once the sort of fashions that were a sign that men were getting older.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I hated the phase of baggy parallel trousers in the early to mid 70’s ..

Not a good look at the best of times but when you have skinny legs ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                    I'm 60, wear jeans all the time....Common fashion faux pas include double denim ie denim jeans and denim jacket together or jeans and formal jacket
                    I’m 61 ...
                    Jeans plus t shirts for me ( casual )

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      Wearing cardigans, loud pullovers & tweeds were once the sort of fashions that were a sign that men were getting older.
                      It would still be fair to say that vthis is so I'd say Richard - I think it applies more up North and the Midlands than down South

Even me personaly though i am trying to avoid gravitating towards the likes of Greenwoods and M & S taht I constitute "as old men shops" and as far as that goes never even left that benchmark 30 years/40 years a-go when young men then was young men!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        I’m 61 ...
                        Jeans plus t shirts for me ( casual )
                        I keep thinking that as soon as a person becomes 60, they turn into Clive Dunn or Percy Sugden when it comes to how they dress - now they remain "Cliff Richard" from a fashion perspective.

I just cannot imagine my own father wearing t-shirt and jeans, even when he was younger - women would be accused of "mutton dressed as lamb" only a few decades ago.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Trials and tribulations of fashions you went through?

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          I keep thinking that as soon as a person becomes 60, they turn into Clive Dunn or Percy Sugden when it comes to how they dress - now they remain "Cliff Richard" from a fashion perspective.

I just cannot imagine my own father wearing t-shirt and jeans, even when he was younger - women would be accused of "mutton dressed as lamb" only a few decades ago.
                          I think it depends on ‘how’ you wear it or how young you ‘appear’ ..

I’ve basically never grown up

I love modern music , GoT , social media and I play multiplayer Call of Duty online ..

Comment

I think it depends on ‘how’ you wear it or how young you ‘appear’ ..
                            When men dressed more conservatively, they looked like pensioners by the time they reached 45 - now some still look like teenagers who would need to show proof of age if they bought alcohol or tobacco.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I’ve basically never grown up
                              It must take a lot of guts to say that, as it's probably true about myself as well.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X