Barry Chuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Chuckle

I've just read on the BBC News website this morning about the death of Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers. I enjoyed watching their show on BBC growing up during the late 80's. They were very funny.

Re: Barry Chuckle

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
    I've just read on the BBC News website this morning about the death of Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers. I enjoyed watching their show on BBC growing up during the late 80's. They were very funny.
    Er...no they weren't
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

They were. IMHO
      RIP Barry

Comment

Sad to hear that Barry Chuckle has passed away. 22 years on the BBC entertaining children and making them laugh. RIP Barry.

Comment

RIP Barry Chuckle (Chucklevision)

Sad news of Barry Chuckle (Real Name Barry Elliot) who died today at 73. I remember watching ChuckleVision in the late 1980s on BBC1. I did not know that ChuckleVision ran until 2009. I thought it finshed in the mid 90s.

Comment

Barry isn't the only person who has died - a double act that he was obviously part of has died with him as well.

I was thinking of how many comedy double acts consist of just brothers - Mike and Bernie Winters were one of them, and so were the Chuckle Brothers. I didn't know until relatively recently that their comedy partnership had lasted over 50 years - I thought that it only started from the 1980s because of the BBC TV series.

Did they ever appear on Crackerjack? They did feel to me like an act that would appear there along with The Krankies, Stu Francis, et al.

They were doing panto quite recently as well - in 2016 they were at the Nottingham Theatre Royal - not the first time they had performed there, and were they at the Mayflower in Southampton last year? Can't remember. They were great when they had appeared on that David Walliams version of Blankety Blank in 2016.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This is amazingly sad news indeed .... what a great double act the chuckle Brothers was

They lived compartatvley local to my area and to say they where legends of folklore is no lie what-soever as both often got treat as Semi Royalty for events etc with Barry and paul being true genuine guys indeed

I must disagree though with what has been said about them beinf on the BBC 22 Years - I can recall them being on the BBC in 1989 ifnot 1988

How Paul can continue now as just a a lone act I do not not know (or if he even will). To Enterainment Barry and Paul was akin to The Bee Gees - just immensley talented guys who could create clean honest fun out of nothing whasoever with their whit, know-how and knowledge

Rip Barry Chuckle

Comment

I had no idea that the Chuckle Brothers won Opportunity Knocks and then New Faces several years later.

The Chuckle Brothers had been on the BBC for 24 years in fact as they started on a programme called Chucklehounds (can't say I remember that) in 1985 before Chuckle Vision began in 1987 until 2009.

I have no recollection of them being on Crackerjack and I was an avid viewer of that for years.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
                  I had no idea that the Chuckle Brothers won Opportunity Knocks and then New Faces several years later.

The Chuckle Brothers had been on the BBC for 24 years in fact as they started on a programme called Chucklehounds (can't say I remember that) in 1985 before Chuckle Vision began in 1987 until 2009.

I have no recollection of them being on Crackerjack and I was an avid viewer of that for years.

No, I can't remember them on Crackerjack, either. That programme's double act was Don Maclean and Peter Glaze when I watched it.

Comment

Very sad news.

I remember Chucklevision being on Saturday mornings at first, before Going Live. It had a different format at first, with it being mostly studio based, with segments presented by Billy Bingham (Armchair Theatre) & Simon Lovell doing a magic trick.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

They did feel like a Crackerjack-type act in hindsight.

Was it ever possible for an act to win both Opportunity Knocks and New Faces? I know that Hughie Green told Jim Davidson to "go away" and Davidson went onto New Faces where he was a lot more successful. Very unusual.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Sad to hear of barrys passing had a feeling chuckle was not his real name but never knew till now what it was.

They also have 2 older brothers brian 83 and jimmy 86.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

im sure he was a lovely fella, but funny?...Nah

Comment

"To me to you to me to you....."

Love him
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                              "To me to you to me to you....."

Love him
                              To me to me to me....Barry! Barry!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X