fishing with a net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing with a net

One of my fondest memories as a child was going down to the nearby river with a net on a stick,we would catch sticklebacks, newts and the occasional frog.Damsel flies would hover above the water and also waterboatmen (able to stand on the surface)
    bamboo-fishing-net.jpg (28.0 KB)
    Attached Files
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: fishing with a net

Same here. I spent many happy hours with a fishing net at local streams and ponds. Also, fishing nets have a strong association for me with using them exploring rock pools at the seaside. Fishing nets would be displayed prominently at those little shops that would also sell buckets and spades, rubber rings and postcards on racks. I wonder if kids still do that today?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      Same here. I spent many happy hours with a fishing net at local streams and ponds. Also, fishing nets have a strong association for me with using them exploring rock pools at the seaside. Fishing nets would be displayed prominently at those little shops that would also sell buckets and spades, rubber rings and postcards on racks. I wonder if kids still do that today?
      They would spend the first hour wondering how to plug it in

Comment

Guys why dont we transfer these posts to TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE as it would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          They would spend the first hour wondering how to plug it in
          Great stuff moving here fellars.
          How true tex. Only time I went net fishing was when we went river or lake fishing.. I suppose I must have used some sort of net when I went yabbying when i was an ankle biter.. but dont remember
          Last edited by Donald the Great; 07-09-2018, 11:37.

Comment

All I caught in my net was mud & pond weed lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Oh, and she was called Annette lol (My gf at the time I went fishing with) (Not really; couldn't resist it lol)
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                Oh, and she was called Annette lol (My gf at the time I went fishing with) (Not really; couldn't resist it lol)
                ...And i suppose your called Rod?

Comment

Went net fishing with my younger brother one time, it was a hot day and all we were wearing was swimming trunks then i heard a loud scream,it was the bro and he had a huge horsefly on his back, i looked around for something to knock it off his back but i couldn't find anything so in my desperation to stop his screaming i promptly removed my trunks and was stood there bare-assed swiping at this huge creature on his back, it flew away and i was left stood stark bollok naked. Realised afterwards i could have just used the net!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                    ...And i suppose your called Rod?
                    Rod & Annette lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X