Thread: Can i get some help recognising some 'sports' music?

Default Can i get some help recognising some 'sports' music?

Didn't really know whether to post this here of in the sports section but it is music related..

Can i get some help on a piece of music that iv'e know about for years but never heard the full version or know the name of the track.

As far as i can remember it was used as a sports theme - mainly used as a football theme (?) - on the BBC or ITV

I have an example of the music although it may be difficult to hear as it's part of a documentary and there are people talking over the top of it

Here's a link to the video, it should start at the correct time of 38:24 - https://youtu.be/QQV8KDPkCz4?t=38m24s

Thanks in advance for any help given
    Last edited by Mjdkernow; 16-08-2018 at 23:41.

Default Re: Can i get some help recognising some 'sports' music?

Sorry to waste time but i found an answer - i posted the same question on the video and the owner answered - It was Lightning Seeds - Life of Riley

It does sound very similar to the tune that Central used for their Sunday afternoon football matches circa 1993-1994 - ironically, one of my oldest recordings on video was one of those programmes.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by Mjdkernow View Post
    Didn't really know whether to post this here of in the sports section but it is music related..

Can i get some help on a piece of music that iv'e know about for years but never heard the full version or know the name of the track.

As far as i can remember it was used as a sports theme - mainly used as a football theme (?) - on the BBC or ITV

I have an example of the music although it may be difficult to hear as it's part of a documentary and there are people talking over the top of it

Here's a link to the video, it should start at the correct time of 38:24 - https://youtu.be/QQV8KDPkCz4?t=38m24s

Thanks in advance for any help given
    Life of Riley by the lighning seeds x

Always ready for chat.