Denim Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denim Skirts

Confession time: I have always found that skirts are sexy, and jeans are sexy, and so the denim skirt is the two combined as far as I am concerned - what is it about them that looks exciting? One tends to think of our ideal girlfriend dressing like that? I often do, with a t-shirt. The fact that denim is a "heavy duty" material makes the skirt stand out quite a lot.

I have noticed that in the past 15 years or so, women have worn them quite a bit, especially during hot weather where the number of people who wear them increase tenfold, mostly females of course - a sort of female Shakin' Stevens if you will. They were also seen a bit in the 1980s and 1990s as well. As a man, it has been one of the many reasons why I enjoy looking at the female fashion pages in magazines...

In recent times, I have thought of denim skirts as being the chav or single mother or Yummy Mummy stereotype, or the Prisoner: Cell Block H anorak stereotype (an ironic stereotype of a typical female PCBH fan). Indeed, they are the Marmite of clothes - one either loves them or hates them. The knee-length pencil version are the ones that look good when worn in a "uniform" way.

Danielle Nicholls on CITV used to wear the Miss Fortune brand with the "turn up" design at the bottom, looking like an upside-down pint of Guinness.

I know that I should get out a lot more, but I just love the way that denim skirts look when they are worn.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Denim Skirts

I am also a fan of ladies wearing denim skirts, though they have to be suitably short. There was a fashion for quite long denim skirts, of which I don't really like. Denim jeans, clinging where they should cling, are also fine, and I like that look of a girl wearing denim jeans and jacket, maybe with a T-shirt underneath, or maybe a blouse. I don't mind that slightly 'rebel' look.

Comment

Indeed, they are the Marmite of clothes - one either loves them or hates them. The knee-length pencil version are the ones that look good when worn in a "uniform" way.

George, i thought we discussed this!!!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I remember one of my Aunts used to like them when she was younger.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I do wear a very short denim skirt
          Always ready for chat.

Comment

I think you may make some friends here, then!
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
              I think you may make some friends here, then!
              Perhaps the wrong kind of friends...
              Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
                Perhaps the wrong kind of friends...

Hi Caitlyn. I'd be genuinely interested to know why denim skirts are so popular with ladies. I am sure you understand why we fellers like them, but from a female viewpoint, what makes girls also like them so much? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                  Hi Caitlyn. I'd be genuinely interested to know why denim skirts are so popular with ladies. I am sure you understand why we fellers like them, but from a female viewpoint, what makes girls also like them so much? Thanks
                  For me it's a case of being short enough to show my legs but the material being heavy enough not to ride up unnoticed particularly in a breeze.
                  Always ready for chat.

Comment

For me it's a case of being short enough to show my legs but the material being heavy enough not to ride up unnoticed particularly in a breeze.

Thank you, that is similar to what ex-gfs have told me in the past.

Comment

Careful Caitlyn there are a lot of geriatrics around here, that kind of talk can have dire consequences

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Careful Caitlyn there are a lot of geriatrics around here, that kind of talk can have dire consequences
                        They ask I tell besides there will be many things I will ask. Only here to help the community x
                        Always ready for chat.

Comment

Good job I didn't load a picture then????
                          Always ready for chat.

Comment

Good job I didn't load a picture then????
                            Probably for the best

Comment

Working...
                            X