Keeping in touch with old school friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keeping in touch with old school friends

I can safely say that I haven't and wouldn't and didn't keep in touch with anyone after my awful schooldays. In fact no-one even recognises me, let alone remembers me. I even bought a house from a guy I knew in my class at Wallingford, and he never recognised or remembered me. I never mentioned it either, because it was irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
      I've never been that bothered about "fitting in", I was just into the things I was into and gravitated towards those also into that. So i'd often just end up hanging with already established groups of friends each time. I guess this helped me with my move overseas though as making friends here meant i'd be doing the same thing, hanging out with already established groups of people. I've never found it hard making new friends (probably from all the practice) so it hasn't been a problem for me, some people who have had the same friends since school might struggle with it possibly.

The only people I really see when we go back to the UK are the mates I made at my old work, who became joint friends of mine and my wife, their partners also became part of the group as have all our kids now. We all lived near each other and had some great times when we lived there, regular quiz nights and camping etc.
      The other group are my mates who predate those who I made via Paintball, who were already a team when I joined but we all got on really well and ended up playing together in many different teams over the years, different teams, same group within. We'd all traveled overseas a lot together and became really great mates, I only really see two (sometimes three) of them when we go back but I count those as really good mates.

But none of these are people I went to school with.
      Fair call here Mulletino mate - I guess it either works one way or the other and for me it's fair to say it was the "other"

Regardless though as I say fair play to you and great you have got on the way you do with other friends

Thanks for replying to my PM - I sent you a Pm back the other weekend by the way Mucker!

80sChav

Comment

I'm 44, have known my 2 best mates since playschool, still see each other at least once a week

Comment

Working...
        X