RIP Rachel Bland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Rachel Bland

Although I wasn't too familiar with her, I was really saddened to hear about the death of BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Rachel Bland today at the age of 40. She was born in 1978 just like myself, and I believe that she was slightly older than myself.

As I have only reached my 40th birthday myself last week, I found it quite shocking that someone who is the same age as myself could die of cancer - my own mother died of lung cancer back in the late 1990s and so I am familiar with living with someone with that illness.

My condolences go out to her family and friends at this very difficult time.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: RIP Rachel Bland

That is very sad. 40 is no age at all. Just reading the Wikipedia article about her it said that after her diagnosis of breast cancer and her decision to remain working she was attacked by internet trolls for not fighting cancer hard enough. Words fail me, but I wonder how some people sleep at night. RIP Rachel

Comment

Re: RIP Rachel Bland

This is well shocking news - not as I knew anything a t all about Rachel - but I buy Newspapers and don't read every article ppar headlines - which is why I was unaware about Rachel being so ill, par too what I had heard was said about poor Rachel only having days let to live- but I never thought it would be soon

I just hope if poor rachel knew about days being limited as was so - that it was as painless a death as possible without any suffering - if this was at all possible. That is all anyone can hope for if you know your summoned to such a painful disease and death whatever your age I feel

RIP Rachel Bland

Comment

Working...
      X