Mighty White is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mighty White is back

Going back on topic, I do think that one of the main reasons why bread production seems to be a regional thing is due to the fact that different parts of the country have different tastes - Cornish pasties, Lancashire hotpot, etc. I have assumed that Mighty White was originally a northern brand because of the ownership of Warburtons unless that happened in recent years. The bread made in the south would almost taste differently to what is made in the north I assume.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      In response to my earlier posting, I actually thought you were confusing Windmill with another brand, but you are correct with regards to Windy Miller - although I don't remember those adverts from 1987.

However, it was Camberwick Green rather than Trumpton that had characters such as Windy Miller who appeared in those Windmill adverts. Apologies for getting it a bit wrong before.

The advert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JtIL_5Ah-s

Windy Miller appeared in the more recent Quaker Oats advert which is what I was thinking of.
      OK I see, I tend to call the entire Camberwick Green / Trumpton / Chigley trilogy Trumpton as that seems to be the series everyone remembers.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        OK I see, I tend to call the entire Camberwick Green / Trumpton / Chigley trilogy Trumpton as that seems to be the series everyone remembers.
        You can get the whole box set including every episode of all three series for a tenner ( eBay) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a funny thread, we start of talking about bread then women's pants/mens speedos and then onto Camberwick green such a tenuous connective!!!
          Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            It's always Camberwick Green that stands out to me - I noticed that Chigley hardly got repeated in later years.

Regarding the "pants / Speedos" thing upthread, I could mention "meat and two veg" analogy in relation to the bread...
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's always Camberwick Green that stands out to me - I noticed that Chigley hardly got repeated in later years.

Regarding the "pants / Speedos" thing upthread, I could mention "meat and two veg" analogy in relation to the bread...
              Being fair to mighty white it's good with kids as it's soft and easy to hold stuff in (doesn't fall apart).
              Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
                This is a funny thread, we start of talking about bread then women's pants/mens speedos and then onto Camberwick green such a tenuous connective!!!
                It's funny because we have used our loaf.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's funny because we have used our loaf.
                  The blame here lies firmly with Windy Miller... He killed the flour for mighty white... And may wear speedos?
                  Always ready for chat.

Comment

Working...
                  X