X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Part of the Canary Islands. Looks ok.
    That is the Princess Yaiza hotel in the Playa Blanca resort at the southern tip of the island (we go to that resort but not that hotel as it's a bit more expensive, but worth it!).
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

So i'm off to Ibiza for a week, will post pix on my return....See you all soon, Bye!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        We love Lindos in Rhodes and Rhodes town nearly as much ..

We went on a day trip to Rhodes Old Town and it seemed as though someone had picked up a little part of York or Chester and placed it on the coast of a Greek island ..
        I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
          I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.
          There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

The place is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Port Douglas in Australia was a beautiful place. Very tropical feel to it. Capri is a gorgeous island. I love the Greek Islands that I've visited (Corfu, Rhodes, Crete and Kos) but my favourite place to visit is Cyprus. I've been to Paphos and Protaras and love both.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

Lindos is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Gotta love Greece ..

Comment

Greece continued..

Comment

OK, I am a bit biased here, but if you ever visit Nottingham during the first weekend of October and see the annual Goose Fair during the evening, I guarantee that the lights from the fairground at a distance is also one of the most beautiful things that you can see! This year's fair will be starting this Wednesday, so you could probably see that for yourself!
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Greece continued..
                    More Greece.. We visited Peloponnese with my family when I was 7 and as I remember, it had the most gorgeous beaches and the clearest water I've ever seen. I've been there again 2 years ago, it was more developed of course but the beaches and the water was still the same, it was unbelievable. Since then my biggest dream for retirement is to settle in there and buy a house in Greece
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Albaugh33 View Post
                      More Greece.. We visited Peloponnese with my family when I was 7 and as I remember, it had the most gorgeous beaches and the clearest water I've ever seen. I've been there again 2 years ago, it was more developed of course but the beaches and the water was still the same, it was unbelievable. Since then my biggest dream for retirement is to settle in there and buy a house in Greece
                      Yeah .. my heart is set on retiring on Rhodes ... Lindos for Summer and Rhodes Old Town for the rest ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Has anybody been to Venice? It's one of my bucket list destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                          Has anybody been to Venice? It's one of my bucket list destinations.
                          Yes. My friends and I did a tour of northern Italy and spent a few hours there. Very nice!
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Good call for Rhodes - was there in July 2017, during the earthquake, which was quite an experience!

For sheer beauty though. I reckon Rhodes is pipped by Santorini :

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20190318_122352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	262754

Comment

DUNLUCE CASTLE CO ANTRIM

THE CASTLE WAS C S LEWIS'S INSPIRATION FOR K PARAVEL CASTLE FROM CHRONICLES OF NARNIA.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Bournemouth - no doubt about it. The lovely sea view of the English Channel as viewed from the balcony of my hotel room, not to mention the annual Air Festival - who needs the Costa del Sol?
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X