Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The most beautiful place you have visited

Default Re: The most beautiful place you have visited

Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Part of the Canary Islands. Looks ok.
    That is the Princess Yaiza hotel in the Playa Blanca resort at the southern tip of the island (we go to that resort but not that hotel as it's a bit more expensive, but worth it!).
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

So i'm off to Ibiza for a week, will post pix on my return....See you all soon, Bye!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    We love Lindos in Rhodes and Rhodes town nearly as much ..

We went on a day trip to Rhodes Old Town and it seemed as though someone had picked up a little part of York or Chester and placed it on the coast of a Greek island ..
    I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    I went to Rhodes with a mate back in about 92/3. We booked it on the Friday to leave the next day, one of those last minute deals with allocation on arrival, just like in The Inbetweeners Movie. Basically cost us 99 quid for flights and two weeks accommodation in Rhodes, that was all we knew about where we were going. We were two single lads hoping to stay in party town!

We arrived at the airport, all got on the bus, drove through Rhodes Town, we didn't called, drove through Faliraki, we didn't get called, eventually the bus drove all the way to Lindos and we got called, luckily our room was great as we had ceiling fans which really helped! It was a lovely place, not the party town we were hoping for though, there were three bars and there was only one taxi, the driver of which was a chef in one of the restaurants so you had to wait till he'd stopped cooking to get a cab anywhere! We had some good nights on those three bars (ventured to the party places once each but realised they were pretty overcrowded) and the place was very relaxing and the prople very friendly.
    There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

The place is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Douglas in Australia was a beautiful place. Very tropical feel to it. Capri is a gorgeous island. I love the Greek Islands that I've visited (Corfu, Rhodes, Crete and Kos) but my favourite place to visit is Cyprus. I've been to Paphos and Protaras and love both.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    There are more than three bars 25 years later .. LOL

Lindos is stunning during the day and comes alive in the evening ..

They even have a few English style pubs for people Ike me who love the pie , chips and peas kinda food and footie

Gotta love Greece ..

Greece continued..

OK, I am a bit biased here, but if you ever visit Nottingham during the first weekend of October and see the annual Goose Fair during the evening, I guarantee that the lights from the fairground at a distance is also one of the most beautiful things that you can see! This year's fair will be starting this Wednesday, so you could probably see that for yourself!
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).