Search for a song title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for a song title

I posted this a few years ago. A tune which I thought was perhaps a theme tune to a radio show when I was a kid. I can’t find the original post, but the tune is instrumental and has a whistle sound a bit like ‘Do the Hustle’ I’d never heard it since I was a kid until today! I’m in Spain and it came on the radio. Unfortunately a station with no commentary so I still don’t know the name of the tune, but it would suggest that it might have been a released record rather than just a theme tune. I still think it might have been adopted by a radio show as a theme / incidental music. Any ideas? When I heard it as a kid on the radio show it was early 80’s.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Search for a song title

There was a Saturday morning programme on BBC Radio 4 called Home Truths which was presented by the late John Peel, and I believe that had the theme tune that was Van McCoy's 1977 hit The Shuffle (not The Hustle), although that was a lot more recent than the early 1980s if that helps.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

BINGO! It is indeed The Shuffle! Although quite why I have never come across this tune for about 35 years is a mystery! There are comments on YouTube about it being the theme tune to Sport on 4 which was on the radio on Saturday mornings in the early 80’s which completely matches my memories.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

More than pleased to help.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X