Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inventions and Innovations of the '70s '80s '90s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inventions and Innovations of the '70s '80s '90s.

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Guys as this is such an important subject shall we create a separate thread for it?
    Sure, hope nobody thinks i was trying to hijack the thread with my ramblings
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I suppose that apart from the obvious inventions such as CDs and VCRs, I think that IVF technology which led to the birth of Louise Brown in 1978 was one of the biggest advances - it was such a huge representation for my generation at least for someone who would be the same age as myself to be born. I started a thread on her 40th birthday this year about her.

Now would that have been featured on Tomorrow's World? I believe that it would probably be featured more like on a series such as Horizon.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        Sure, hope nobody thinks i was trying to hijack the thread with my ramblings
        Not at all. You did not answer if the treatments were successful.

Ok I will create the new Cancer thread. How does KILLING CANCER as a title sound? I will transfer my posts to the new thread. You do the same tex.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          I suppose that apart from the obvious inventions such as CDs and VCRs, I think that IVF technology which led to the birth of Louise Brown in 1978 was one of the biggest advances - it was such a huge representation for my generation at least for someone who would be the same age as myself to be born. I started a thread on her 40th birthday this year about her.

Now would that have been featured on Tomorrow's World? I believe that it would probably be featured more like on a series such as Horizon.
          A fascinating subject. George why dont you post a more in depth piece about this amazing innovation to aid the human race.

Comment

Not at all. You did not answer if the treatments were successful.

Ok I will create the new Cancer thread. How does KILLING CANCER as a title sound? I will transfer my posts to the new thread. You do the same tex.
            tex I was able to transfer your posts to Cancer thread.

Comment

A fascinating subject. George why dont you post a more in depth piece about this amazing innovation to aid the human race.
              I just happened to be born just over a month or so after her birth, hence the fact that I mentioned it - I am not a doctor or anyone like that! Mind you, my own opinion is that I do think that the traditional way of conceiving is obviously preferable than IVF if one is given a chance.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Will do some more tomorrow.

Comment

Hybrid cars, i dont drive one myself but they certainly seem to be getting better and more commonplace, i believe self charging cars are the newest innovation in this field but again as with tobacco how much do our governments REALLY want us to give up petrol/diesel fuels with consideration to the amount of revenue raised. There seems to be a conflict of interests here between tax revenue and saving the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                    Hybrid cars, i dont drive one myself but they certainly seem to be getting better and more commonplace, i believe self charging cars are the newest innovation in this field but again as with tobacco how much do our governments REALLY want us to give up petrol/diesel fuels with consideration to the amount of revenue raised. There seems to be a conflict of interests here between tax revenue and saving the planet.
                    Reckon you have hit the nail firmly on the head. Misplaced priorities by so called super powers and greedy multi-nationals. They are holding our planet to ransom. Hats off to those vehicle manufacturers that are leading the way in this field.

Comment

Is this one of if not the greatest step forward in modern communication since the internet itself?

Wi-Fi: Followed the development in 1992 of the wireless LAN (Local area Network) by a CSIRO team of radio astronomers. CSIRO for the uninitiated stands for the Commonwealth Scientific & Research Organisation.. an Oz government agency.

Comment

Are you Brits having trouble getting your minds around the fact that so many of these inventions are by Australians. I am quite proud of that fact.. and there are plenty more. Google Maps for instance was created by a Sydney company.
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 25-09-2018, 12:55.

Comment

You may find this interesting. The first ever successfull launch/test flite of a Scramjet (see below) occurred in a remote part of inland Oz by an Oz university team..
                          Last edited by Donald the Great; 25-09-2018, 13:02.

Comment

This is the actual launch.

Comment

Are you Brits having trouble getting your minds around the fact that so many of these inventions are by Australians. I am quite proud of that fact.. and there are plenty more. Google Maps for instance was created by a Sydney company.
                              Sydney james?

Comment

You may find this interesting. The first ever successfull launch/test flite of a Scramjet (see below) occurred in a remote part of inland Oz by an Oz university team..
                                Who took the photo?

Comment

Working...
                                X