RIP Chas Hodges (of Chas & Dave fame)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Chas Hodges (of Chas & Dave fame)

Chas Hodges (of Chas & Dave fame) has passed away at the age of 74 from organ failure.

Hodges was part of a double act with Dave Peacock where they had many early to mid 1980s appearances on Top of the Pops that I remember, singing their trademark Cockney songs about having more Rabbit than Sainsbury's, songs about sideboards, trips to Margate in the rain (seen in Courage Best adverts from around 1982), and the fact that there ain't no pleasing you. And he partly sung the theme tune to the Alf Garnett sitcom In Sickness and in Health - did they not?

The fact that Chas & Dave was Cockney Rhyming Slang for having a shave was ironic considering the facial hair that they had, not to mention the Cockney connection that they had themselves.

I know that he was one half of the double act and his partner Dave is still with us, but it obviously means that that the double act has come to an end as a result of Hodges' death.

It would be great if Channel 5 would repeat that 1982 edition of Chas & Dave's Knees Up that they have shown on Christmas Day in the past as a tribute.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: RIP Chas Hodges (of Chas & Dave fame)

Very sad news. I do remember Chas and Dave appearing as guests on many TV programmes in the 80s, as well as being on TOTP. RIP.

Comment

Comment

And of course, I forgot to mention that novelty hit Snooker Loopy from 1986 with a lot of the professional players of the time - Davis, Taylor, Jimmy White etc taking part. I bet that some of those from the world of snooker will be paying tribute as well.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Very sad news
          RIP Chas

Comment

This is very sad news about Chas. I never particulary liked the Music Chas and Dave sang - par the Theme Tune of Alf Garnet

I thought in the main Chas and Dave was Pub type singers but still regardless I respect them for the career in the idustry though regardless

RIP Chas Hodges

Comment

Heard this sad news this morning. You really had to hear them performing live. R.I.P. Chas Hodges.
              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I saw Chas live but solo - a great time was had by all!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                X