selection boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selection boxes

Ok so it's that time of year again folks,it's only three months to christmas and our minds turn to chocolate, noticed selection boxes on sale at Morrisons and no doubt all the other big hitters....so have you bought yours yet? if not best hurry before they sell out.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: selection boxes

If you mean the selection boxes that Mars and Cadbury's do at Christmas time, then yes I had them at Christmas as well - a visit to Father Christmas (usually the top floor of the Co-op department store in Nottingham) used to get us a stocking-shaped set of chocolate bars with red netting covered over it - remember that?

The selection boxes I had when I was younger reminded me of getting a Mars one for Christmas in 1985. I was looking at my GP medical notes recently and at Christmas 1985 I bit into a Mars bar from a selection box that year - it was so hard it was like biting into concrete, I lost a tooth (in the days when I still believed in the Tooth Fairy and got the older larger sized 10ps under the pillow), and I had to go to the dentist between Christmas and New Year and was asked to bite on a gauze, leaving blood stained teeth marks on it. Not a pretty site to be honest!

I don't know but nowadays we have Heroes and Celebrations which to me are literally chocolate bars represented as sweets in sweet wrappers - I often think that it is a rip off that we only get a very small amount of the same thing that we are used to having in a bar - the Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Bourneville miniatures in the Roses are an exception.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      If you mean the selection boxes that Mars and Cadbury's do at Christmas time, then yes I had them at Christmas as well - a visit to Father Christmas (usually the top floor of the Co-op department store in Nottingham) used to get us a stocking-shaped set of chocolate bars with red netting covered over it - remember that?
      I well remember those. How we were never sick over Christmas, I will never know. Looking at the selection boxes in recent years, they do seem a rip off.
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

These days of course, it would be the Cadbury's chocolate biscuit selection - the tin serves a great purpose afterwards for storing things inside it.

It still baffles me why some of the biscuits are wrapped and the others are not.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember the boxes often had a board game printed on the back, complete with some counters & spinner to cut out.

Normally I wouldn't bother cutting these out & just borrow some playing pieces & dice from one of my games.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The board game thing rings a bell - I suppose that it was one way of using the packaging after the chocolates were eaten, and so the cardboard wasn't immediately thrown away afterwards and so less things to throw away .
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X