Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goose Fair (and other funfairs)

Default Re: Goose Fair (and other funfairs)

Also, if you look at the letters page of the Nottingham Post, nearly all the contributors live in Gedling, Broxtowe or Rushcliffe areas, and hardly any from inner-city areas, (where as the old "In the Courts" column in the paper back in the early 1990s - think of those who were fined for not having a TV licence and all that - it was the other way round). Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells would be Disgusted of Burton Joyce from a Nottingham perspective. I used to hate all this inner-city - suburb divide, and when Nottingham City Council became a unitary authority on April Fools' Day 1998, it felt to me as if it like scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Thankfully, I now live close to the countryside than I do to the City Centre these days (thank the Lord), and I am just thankful that I have members of my own family who are knowledgeable in the ins and outs of the British housing system in which that had helped me to move. One day I hope to move to a village or somewhere like that.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

I am vaguely aware of high levels of violent crimes, including shootings, in Nottingham in the 2000s. Was a high proportion of it carried out by black Jamaicans?

Quote Originally Posted by Arran View Post
    I am vaguely aware of high levels of violent crimes, including shootings, in Nottingham in the 2000s. Was a high proportion of it carried out by black Jamaicans?
    I wouldn't want to comment as I am not in an official position to do so - I always assume that crime committed can be of anyone regardless of race, age or nationality. Thankfully, Nottingham has never had a "Stephen Lawrence"-type killing, mostly because Nottingham news is more incognito from national perspective.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).