RIP Doug Ellis - famed ex Aston Villa Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Doug Ellis - famed ex Aston Villa Chairman

Doug Ellis the legend of all Football Chairmen sadly passed away yesterday aged 94.

I think it is fair to say Doug was most famous for axing Manzagers "right, left and centre" over 2 spells as chairman from 1968 to 1975 and 1982 to 2006 and Villa sure had some pretty good ones in those eras who never deserved the sack I thought

It is a shame - though Doug got berated, the kind of chairman Doug was is one of very kind remaining who was loyal to keeping one club going and fighting for that one cause. I hope a statue is placed in his name at Vila Park, because it is a tavesty to see how a great club I have always respected, admired etc has fallen into such hard times(and especialy at a time like this a "Doug Ellis type father figure" would do wanders for any Grand Olde Club like Villa I feel

RIP Doug Ellis

Re: RIP Doug Ellis - famed ex Aston Villa Chairman

Sad news about Doug Ellis. He was a very prominent figure back in the day, and 1982 was probably Villa's best ever moment when they won the European Cup. It is sad to see them now languishing in the Championship, but no team has a right to perpetual success just because of their name. Hope they will turn it around and rejoin the Premiership. RIP Doug Ellis.

Comment

Working...
    X