Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Britain in the 60s

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    I’ve got an old Beatles 7” vinyl of Long Tall Sally somewhere ... think it is a yellow coloured one ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not UK then!

When it comes to valuing records, condition is paramount! Anything other than total mint condition (Vinyl, label, sleeve) and the value drops off alarmingly!

I have a few records of which "book value" is high but the condition makes them worth a pittance. I call these "Nice-to-haves".
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      Not UK then!

When it comes to valuing records, condition is paramount! Anything other than total mint condition (Vinyl, label, sleeve) and the value drops off alarmingly!

I have a few records of which "book value" is high but the condition makes them worth a pittance. I call these "Nice-to-haves".
      Mmmm maybe it is blackthen and it had a coloured Photo card cover ??

I haven’t seen it around the house in years tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Mmmm maybe it is blackthen and it had a coloured Photo card cover ??

I haven’t seen it around the house in years tbh

This one?

Attached Files
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

This one?

Yes that’s the vinyl cover certainly !!

Comment

Bump if anone would like to discuss the 60's this maybe the thread for you
            Heather

Comment

I just enjoyed a two hour programme on Yesterday channel entitled "how the beatles changed the world" , i realise everything worth saying about the Beatles has already been said but this programme was more of an overview of the decade and not simply what the Beatles were up to. It covered the music of the time sure but also politics, fashion and attitudes at the time in both Britain and the USA.
              I was only 11 years old when the 60s came to an end and like most kids i was only interested in comics,sweets and my bike,i just wish i could of lived the 60s as an adult so i could fully appreciate the great music, fashion and other trends that the decade brought. I know there was a lot of political turmoil happening and it's easy to remember the 60s with rose tinted glasses but if i could re-visit a decade from my life it would be the 60s, whilst i did my growing up in the 70s and whilst i have very fond memories of that decade i still feel i kinda missed out on the 60s because i was too young
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

That's not quite true...

For one thing, that American LP you linked to was, IIRC, released, in the US, but quickly withdrawn, due to the nature of the sleeve. Some copies "escaped" and are eye-wateringly expensive in mint condition!
                The only red label Parlophone record that my parents had was Mike Sarne's Come Outside which I believe it got to number one?
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  The only red label Parlophone record that my parents had was Mike Sarne's Come Outside which I believe it got to number one?
                  Some of Mike sarnes records were hillarious, he was an actor too
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                    Some of Mike sarnes records were hillarious, he was an actor too
                    He had Wendy Richard to help him on Come Outside, making her the first on the list of people who have appeared on a British Number One single and in Eastenders.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      He had Wendy Richard to help him on Come Outside, making her the first on the list of people who have appeared on a British Number One single and in Eastenders.
                      Not a great claim to fame, methinks.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X