Retro aftershaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro aftershaves

......So what was your fave whiff, heres a few reminders....

ARAMIS, OLD SPICE, DENIM, HAI KARATE, BLUE STRATOS, BRUT, TABAC.

I was a big fan of Brut inparticular and still use it on occasion, also being the old rocker that i am Patchouli oil.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Retro aftershaves

I can remember finding a white bottle in a river as a kid and smashing it. The place smelt of Old Spice for days after. It was sure powerful stuff.

Comment

Christmas and birthdays in the 70s and 80s I would invariably receive gift sets of Old Spice, Brut, Denim, Hai Karate and Blue Stratos. I still use Old Spice and Brut.

There was one called Musk for Men, of which I only ever had a single bottle, but really liked it.

I was never one for co-ordination with respect to deodorant, splash on and after shave. If I had a gift set of Old Spice or whatever with all 3 then I would use them, but if not I would cheerfully mix brands.

Comment

I especially remember the Denim adverts - where the man is showing his hairy chest, a woman gropes him and he grabs her hand - as the music is very reminiscent of the first two tracks off the Pink Floyd album Obscured By Clouds
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Anyone else use patchouli oil?...a familiar smell in the concert halls during the 70s usually splashed all over your denim jacket which would be covered in rock patches
          Attached Files
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

NOT A BIG WEARER OF AFTERSHAVE BUT BLUE STRATOS I REALLY LIKED.
            LIKED THE SMELL THE BOTTLE ETC.

https://youtu.be/D_PBft2y8XM
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yep remember all those. I used Denim for years in my youth.

I found Brut just so HEAVY and cloying. Old Spice wasn't much better.

Does anybody remember Insignia ?

I also used to get my mother to get stuff from Avon as well.

Comment

Aramis Life !!

Still use it ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                  Yep remember all those. I used Denim for years in my youth.

I found Brut just so HEAVY and cloying. Old Spice wasn't much better.

Does anybody remember Insignia ?

I also used to get my mother to get stuff from Avon as well.
                  Me & my brother had a few things from Insignia, as well as the aftershave there was shower gel & a few others.

I don't know what happened to them, they seemed to vanish in the mid 1990s.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Brute, Old Brute and any Lyn particulary the short lived Lynx Chocolate version I'd say!

80sChav

Comment

I use Brut.
                      Just the other day I showed my daughter a Brut ad on YouTube which included Barry Sheen and Henry Cooper.

Comment

......So what was your fave whiff, heres a few reminders....

ARAMIS, OLD SPICE, DENIM, HAI KARATE, BLUE STRATOS, BRUT, TABAC.

I was a big fan of Brut inparticular and still use it on occasion, also being the old rocker that i am Patchouli oil.
                        Old Spice and Denim are still available to get. Though the scent differs in my opinion, but I still love to use those especially combined with the beard moisturizers from this article. Can't say the same about Brut. By the way, what about Irish Moos? Does any of you heard about it?

Comment

Originally posted by FlowerWY View Post
                          By the way, what about Irish Moos?
                          I assumed this was a typo and that it was 'Irish Moss'. However, I see that it is 'Irisch', therefore German. Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting from the descriptions. Thanks for mentioning it!

Comment

Old Brute and Old Spice with a grotty old spunge to use for your wash/bath and a glass for girgling water when Teet Brushing are my obiding memories of present buying for Xmas/Fathers Day/Birthdays for Family Members no longer with me are strike Gold when thinking of this thread! Strange how they are like virtually un-seen now - even in places like B&M and Qaulity Save I think and find and find rather sad! I am always on the hunt for them (or was until recently) too so my local branches must be rubbish is my instant assumption!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              Strange how they are like virtually un-seen now - even in places like B&M and Qaulity Save I think
                              There's a really strange poundshop in a town near me. It's full of Chinese-made rubbish piled high to the ceiling and most of the stuff is really bizarre. I couldn't even begin to guess what some of the stuff is. They stock some blatant rip-off items - last time I was visited there was aftershave called 'Burt'. The bottle and box was a dead ringer for Brut. I dread to think what is in the bottle though. It would probably take your skin off.

Comment

Working...
                              X