Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Television of Yesteryear.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    ...there was a short-lived series called The Zoo Gang in 1974. It was set in the south of France and was about a group of ex-resistance fighters and SOE agents who meet up and decide to use their talents to fight crime. John Mills and Lilli Palmer starred.
    Theme by Wings on the B-side of their Band On The Run single!

Attached Files
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      Theme by Wings on the B-side of their Band On The Run single!

Thanks for that. I think the series was shown on friday evenings and the characters had animal codenames---Mills being elephant and Palmer possibly leopard.

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
        The Strange Report has that swingin' sixties aspect to it as well with Anneke Wills (she was in a genuine swingin' sixties film too, The Pleasure Girls, 1965). Apparently they wanted to make a second series of Strange Report in America but Quayle didn't want to go and Wills decided she didn't want to either, and so without them the possibility was scrubbed. Oddly though Anneke ended up for quite a while living on an island out here in Western Canada while back home Doctor Who fans considered her 'disappearance' some kind of huge mystery!

I have a set of Ghost Squad, a b&w special ops type of police show made in the earliest '60s... lots of great names turning up as guests in it too, William Hartnell is excellent in his episode of it. Honor Blackman is in another, but a very small part.

I should be getting a set of Van Der Valk's earliest series second-hand and reasonably priced. Ought to be quite a trip to watch!
        Ghost Squad? A lot of those early Brit b&w shows are poor quality. Interesting story about Anneke Wills.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
          And it was no wonder why the deceased Marty Hopkirk kept a close eye on what his missus was up to...yum. Also, Randall seemed to be on the receiving end of a good duffing nearly every episode.

I am not sure if it was an ITC production but there was a short-lived series called The Zoo Gang in 1974. It was set in the south of France and was about a group of ex-resistance fighters and SOE agents who meet up and decide to use their talents to fight crime. John Mills and Lilli Palmer starred.
          The Zoo Gang.. not heard of it and reckoned I had seen just about everything John Mills had made. Will take a look ..You Tube may have it.

Comment

Working...
          X