Books you could never finish..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Books you could never finish..

The Merits of the Da vinci Code we can debate elsewhere but the other Dan Brown books I found a very good read especially if you like a good conspiracy theory
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ceg56 View Post
      . Is Shop-a-holic a recent book? Had a feeling I had read that, a while back, just checked, but cannot see it amongst all my other books (and there are loads lol).
      Shop-a-holic and baby is the latest in a series of about 4 or 5 I think, have read the others too.
      "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

any steven kings ones, got quarter way through then get to scared and get nightmares
        sigpic

Comment

Shardik from Richard 'Watership Down' Adams. It had a great pencil drawing of a giant bear on the cover and I bought it (and a box set of three Asimov sci-fi paperbacks) with some Christmas money in '74 (I was 10) but just seemed far too dense for me.

I never finished the Asimov books, either but they had great Chris Foss artwork

Comment

The Bible aswell,Always started it with good intentions when i was a kid but never got more than half way through it.It ended up being the book i used sit my alarm clock on..lol

Comment

Halfway through it!!!

That was pretty good for a kid though!!

Book I bought ages ago and was really interested in reading but could never read more than a few chapters of was " Savage Girls and Wild Boys" by Michael Newton.

Book about children bought up by animals or survived in the wild

Comment

Lord of the rings defeated me. I was determined to get through my three book set, but gave up half way through the last book.
                I love Marian Keyes but couldn't get into her last book. Got it for Christmas last year and I only got a few chapters in.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I've managed to read all of LOTR without much trouble, though I did cheat slightly by seeing the first 2 films before starting on the books.

Almost the same with The Devil Wears Prada, though there's a lot in the book that's not included in he film.

The book I've most recently had trouble with was Robinson Crusoe, the story is easy to follow but the copy I have has the text printed very small & close together, so it's an effort to read much of it at a time.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Devil Wears Prada book is much better than the film, although I still liked the film. I also saw it before I read the book.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende.... it just didn't seem right to finish it.

Comment

I am also one of the LOTR book readers that never actually finished reading it....also with 'The Hobbit', don't think I ever finished that either.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                          The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende.... it just didn't seem right to finish it.
                          i can see what you mean mate.
                          never knew there was a book of it.

great film/book though.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

a book i could never finish was the third part of the lord of the rings.

back then the third part return of the king was a far thicker soft back book than it is now.
                            Perhaps a lot of it is not included like it was back then.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. And often it's not unusual for me to read an entire book, cover to cover, in one afternoon or evening.

Comment

Lots of posts on the LOTR series. I tried The Hobbit once. It was on cassette from the library. I listened for 5 minutes and turned it off. Same with one of the Terry Pratchett books...Witch's Brew or something like that.

Some of the Stephen King's are okay but the huge ones I don't even bother with anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X