Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Books you could never finish..

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    Lord of the rings defeated me. I was determined to get through my three book set, but gave up half way through the last book.
    I love Marian Keyes but couldn't get into her last book. Got it for Christmas last year and I only got a few chapters in.
    Mrs PW would be shocked, she loves her books and has read every one she's written.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Isaac Asimov but I tried twice and failed twice to wade through The Naked Sun!

Attached Files
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

River out of Eden by Jack Jones. Normally a book like that would have me engrossed. I did finish it in the end.....but it took me months.

Peerless Powell Duffryn of the South Wales Coalfield, by Leslie M. Shore. A good history book like this, really gets my attention....but this took some doing. It eventually took me six months to finish. Very deep book.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

A Tale of Two Cities. A friend had to read this book in English lessons at school in the early 1990s when he was 13 years old. He found it extremely confusing and difficult to follow. The term he used to describe it was spaghetti worded where it jumped around in place and time. He attempted to read the book again when he was 30 but gave up with it before he even got half way through it. He gave the book to me and I stopped reading it before I even got half way through it because it was so tedious and confusing.

It may well be Charles Dickens's masterpiece but I think it's overkill for most 13 year olds. It's also a book where you have to be an enthusiast of the French Revolution to want to read it.

Comment

Working...
          X