Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: coincidences

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Thankyou DemonEyeX ,perhaps George could explain?
    I find it ironic because you found money when you had said previously that you were looking for lost money.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I find it ironic because you found money when you had said previously that you were looking for lost money.
      But would you agree that it is still a coincidence, saying "i'm looking for lost money" was just a quip, coincidentally i found a tenner.
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
        "The Return of the Los Palmas 7" by Madness has 7 words in the title. It was Madness's 7th single, got to number 7, and stayed in the chart for 7 weeks. The name Madness contains 7 letters.
        Good one Clare!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          But would you agree that it is still a coincidence, saying "i'm looking for lost money" was just a quip, coincidentally i found a tenner.
          I suppose that most coincidences are ironic.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Blur's Song 2 was the second track on their self titled album, the second song released as a single from this album & it peaked at number 2.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

JOHN LENNON AND THE NUMBER NINE

John Lennon was fascinated with the recurrence of the number nine throughout his life, which included:

Lennon was born on October 9.
              His first home was 9 Newcastle Road, Wavertree, Liverpool - three names which each contain nine letters.
              The Beatles' first gig at The Cavern Club took place on February 9, 1961.
              Brian Epstein, The Beatles' manager, first saw them perform on November 9 that same year.
              The Beatles' contract with EMI was confirmed on May 9,1962.
              The Beatles' debut single, "Love Me Do," was on Parlophone R4949.
              Lennon's son Sean shared his father's birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                "The Return of the Los Palmas 7" by Madness has 7 words in the title. It was Madness's 7th single, got to number 7, and stayed in the chart for 7 weeks. The name Madness contains 7 letters.
                I may be misremembering this but, a few years back, S Club 7 released an album called 7. The Beatles released an album of singles which topped the charts, here and the US, called 1.

Now, I used to get a music paper, Record Mirror, which showed the album chart. It would show the artist, title, position and weeks in the chart. My fading marbles has this down as:

Artist Title Position Weeks On Chart
                Beatles 1 1 1
                S Club 7 7 7 7

(Not displaying properly but you get the idea...)

Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Just today my wife was reading about the newly released Simply red album on facebook at the exact moment i told her about it on Spotify. she is a big fan of the rubber faced warbler.

Comment

I found out a few years ago from looking at the Time and Date.com website that my parents had got married 107 days after the 1966 General Election, and one of my sisters was born 107 days after the 1970 General Election, which means that there was the same number of days between the wedding and the birth as there were between both those General Election in both those respective years!
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                      I found out a few years ago from looking at the Time and Date.com website that my parents had got married 107 days after the 1966 General Election, and one of my sisters was born 107 days after the 1970 General Election, which means that there was the same number of days between the wedding and the birth as there were between both those General Election in both those respective years!
                      I occasionally like comparing the death days of famous people with the birth days of people I know / like ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sooo I was born on the same date as Julius Caesar was assassinated .. not the same year of course ..

If you can find that a great person passed away when you were born you can tell yourself / others that their spirit / soul / being .... left this earth as you arrived and wink at them

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          Sooo I was born on the same date as Julius Caesar was assassinated .. not the same year of course ..

If you can find that a great person passed away when you were born you can tell yourself / others that their spirit / soul / being .... left this earth as you arrived and wink at them

Mine:

1704John Locke, English physician and philosopher (b. 1632)
                          1989Henry Hall, English bandleader, composer, and actor (b. 1898)
                          1998Ted Hughes, English poet and playwright (b. 1930)
                          2007 – Porter Wagoner, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (b. 1927)
                          2010 – James MacArthur, American actor (b. 1937)

These are the only ones I've heard of - surprisingly few!
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Speaking of the number nine, nearly all the names of the prisons mentioned in Prisoner: Cell Block H have nine letters in them (or sound as if they have nine letters in them in any case):

1) Wentworth
                            2) Barnhurst
                            3) Woodridge
                            4) Pentridge
                            5) Blackmoor
                            6) Fairleigh
                            7) Ingleside
                            8) Winlayton
                            9) Bogga Road (Joan Ferguson's previous prison)
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Said to the missus "hope scrooge is on over christmas"...guess what!

Comment

Working...
                              X