Casual work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casual work

Did you do a part time job after school/weekends.... I did.
    it was a spur of the moment casual enquiry that was to shape my life for the next 30 years, whilst wandering past my local co-op shop in Salford at the age of 15 and without any planning or forethought i walked in and enquired "got any part time jobs mister" he was desperate for shelf fillers and hired me on the spot...no questions. i recieved about £10 a week which was promptly blown on records and chocolate (and for a short period cigarettes)
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Casual work

I once earned 50p for mowing a neighbour's lawn but I suppose that you are referring to working for actual businesses.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Aged 14 I washed coaches for local coach company
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        I once earned 50p for mowing a neighbour's lawn but I suppose that you are referring to working for actual businesses.
        Yeah

Comment

I shared a paper round with my brother. We had a huge long street to do, with one branching off the side and another behind that. It was the Standard Recorder (weekly) so often had the annoying junk mail inserts we had to put in. It was the early 80s and I think we got about 6 quid for it.

I did do some holiday work for my dad's metal fabrication firm one summer, to get enough money to buy a Floppy Disc Drive for my Commodore 128. We were working on site, so one was Coca-Cola, the other a flavour factory called Givaudan, that place smelled so sickly sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            Yeah
            A lot of successful businessmen start out like that, don't you know.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I only did anything like that during Uni vacations - labouring in a chicken hatchery!
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Whilst still at school I started with the obligatory paper round, got bored of that very quickly and then worked as a waitress in a posh little tea rooms(ooh the glamour!) which served all sorts of sophisticated teas and coffees I'd never even heard of at that time lol only trouble was sometimes I forgot to ask which type of jam/preseves (again there was a huge choice) they wanted on their scones so was relegated to washing up which I was not impressed with, I was very young

Comment

Saturday job in Curries

Comment

Originally posted by cbenee View Post
                    Saturday job in Curries
                    Madras or korma?

Comment

Currys methinks.

Of course as I said in that other thread, Currys don't sell curry.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X