Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-make of old Accrington Stanley-Ian Rush advert!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-make of old Accrington Stanley-Ian Rush advert!!!

Who else has seen the new one!!?

I think it's great and tops the old one with the new twist (though i wont add what the twist is) but even though it's agreat copy until the point of the twist

I think it's fair to say 90% of the British Isles love Accrington Stanley - probably more so than Wimbledon and more so even further that though it's a total, total myth they are the original Accringtom from 1888 who founded the original Division 1 - you can not be much closer .... half Brothers at the leat I'd term the two Clubs

I so wish and hope as a Northern guy that Accro make it into the Championship (but not at the expense of my Clun0 who is a Leauge 1 Rival - it'd be amazing to see them up there with their big Lancashire Brothers - Bolton, Blackburn and Preston and potientaly Burnley (if and when the wheels fall off for them when Sean Dyche invarably moves onto much bigger fields)

The Accrington story is just so so amazing in my opinion - right from me buying and Accrington Shirt in Blackpool in 1996 30 years after going bust and then years later the poetic rightful justiice of replacing Oxford Utd in Leauge 2 after Oxford was elected in Accrington's place in the old 4th Division after they went bust in the 1960s

Re: Re-make of old Accrington Stanley-Ian Rush advert!!!

On a sub-note related to Accrington Stanley - a lot of people think or/and believe they were one of the last Clubs to go bust and not start/complete a Season - which if it was not them, as it's not then it would not be Aldershot neither (who also failed to complete) but the actual last Club to go totaly bust in the top 4 was Maidstone United in the Summer of 1992 commencment the 1992/93 Season - which also leaves Maidstone as the only club out of the last 3 mentioned here (as yet to not make it back to the 4th Division)

80sChav

Comment

How many people (outside the North West) had heard of Accrington Stanley prior to that Milk advert? Was it really as fashionable to support them back in 1986 as it was to drive a Skoda?

I know that they had a manager that was at the club for so many years, and I would have thought that your actual Fergusons, Cloughs and Wengers (i.e. Premiership managers) would have managed that.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        How many people (outside the North West) had heard of Accrington Stanley prior to that Milk advert? Was it really as fashionable to support them back in 1986 as it was to drive a Skoda?

I know that they had a manager that was at the club for so many years, and I would have thought that your actual Fergusons, Cloughs and Wengers (i.e. Premiership managers) would have managed that.
        Not knowing who they were was part of the joke!
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          Exactly!!
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            It wouldn't have worked if Manchester United was mentioned would it? Some obscure club would obviously do the trick.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A mate of mine and I tried to think of all English football clubs, in the top 4 divisions, which had two-word names, where the second work is unique, e.g. Crystal Palace, Plymouth Argyle etc.

When AS got promoted back to the League, they increased the total by one.
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I work with a guy who used to play for Accrington Stanley

About 30 years ago ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I wonder how much he got paid for his troubles.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    I wonder how much he got paid for his troubles.
                    He's not much of a talker tbh

I recall him saying it was semi -pro contract so ... not great money especially back then ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My mum came from Blackburn. When we went up to see her dad (my granddad), I used to see buses for Accrington
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                      X