Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Xmas ong played/heard in 2018?

Eg which is your's?

Mine was a tatty copied version I heard in a Market of Last Xmas and I Wish It Could Be Xmas everyday and the played one is "A Fairtyale Of New York"!!

What about you guys then?

80sChav

Re: First Xmas ong played/heard in 2018?

I know it doesn't count of course but I heard parts of Christmas songs in episodes of Coronation Street on ITV 3 where they had reached Christmas 1990 - the Christmas Day episode was over a week ago, and various scenes (i.e. Ingram's factory) had various ones such as Last Christmas was on in the previous week.

Haven't really been out because of my problems, and I haven't had the radio on much, but I know that this time last year (and the year before) either Magic or Heart dedicated their schedules to Christmas music.

This year, Magic will do the honours (Sky Digital 0180): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46370245 - Having Ronan Keating as breakfast show presenter will hopefully give it a huge boost.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Nah, still to early.
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Sadly, I work with a chap who wants to be 'the Christmas guy'. Equally sadly, he gets into the office at 7AM; the same time as me. Since the middle of November he has been blasting Christmas songs for the first 20 minutes of the day. Oh, what a zany fellow he is. So, this year, the first Christmas song I heard was effing Mariah effing Carey and All I Want for Christmas is you.

Thanks, Mariah, but no thanks.

Comment

It is 9.09 am and I am listening to Magic Radio, and the first Christmas song they have played in full happens to be Wham's Last Christmas.
          Last edited by George 1978; 30-11-2018, 10:14.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Warm_Puppy View Post
            Sadly, I work with a chap who wants to be 'the Christmas guy'. Equally sadly, he gets into the office at 7AM; the same time as me. Since the middle of November he has been blasting Christmas songs for the first 20 minutes of the day. Oh, what a zany fellow he is. So, this year, the first Christmas song I heard was effing Mariah effing Carey and All I Want for Christmas is you.

Thanks, Mariah, but no thanks.
            You have my condolencies
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I think that we have heard the last of the Christmas songs now - Magic stopped playing them on Boxing Day, while I heard John Lennon's Merry Christmas (War is Over) and Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas (the song that Shaky covered I think which was not the 1985 Christmas number one of course) on Smooth Radio this afternoon.

That Elvis song could be the final one I will hear - I doubt that I would hear anymore until 11 months' time.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                I think that we have heard the last of the Christmas songs now - Magic stopped playing them on Boxing Day, while I heard John Lennon's Merry Christmas (War is Over) and Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas (the song that Shaky covered I think which was not the 1985 Christmas number one of course) on Smooth Radio this afternoon.

That Elvis song could be the final one I will hear - I doubt that I would hear anymore until 11 months' time.
                I have a feeling it will be sooner than that...
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Heard that E17 song online, and that Lennon song again on Smooth today - so that probably is the final Christmas song I will hear of the season.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X