Our Beloved Pets (past and present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pets did you have

A Huge Ginger and White Puss that adopted us when we moved in here.

Comment

Re: Pets

mainly just cats in our house when i was growing up.
      funny the parents have 3 cats it was six at one time but 3 of the 5 kittens where give away last august.

im not a dog lover nor are the parents.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        mainly just cats in our house when i was growing up.
        funny the parents have 3 cats it was six at one time but 3 of the 5 kittens where give away last august.

im not a dog lover nor are the parents.
        I am more of a cat person than dogs.We also had a budgie & canary which didnt last long as well as goldfishes

Comment

plenty of goldfishes we had too one was called freddy.

dont like dogs cause they bark.

kinda scared of them.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          I am more of a cat person than dogs.We also had a budgie & canary which didnt last long as well as goldfishes

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            plenty of goldfishes we had too one was called freddy.

dont like dogs cause they bark.

kinda scared of them.
            Dont like large dogs Alastians,Dobermans,boxers etc

Comment

Pets when I was growing up:

Two hamsters in succession. First called Hammy and he was great. The second I can't remember his name and he was a biter.

A budgie named Flash.

Two dogs in succession. Bobby, who I can hardly remember. Rebel, a big, rough-looking, black dog who was a loon. He would run as fast as he could until his chain stopped him dead. It's a wonder he didn't break his neck. One day he managed to get over the fence and my dad found him hanging by his chain. He was okay and my dad hauled him back over and shortened his chain. He was a big softie.

Two tortoises named Belle and Sebastian--from the TV series. They hibernated in winter and occasionally managed to snap their nylon cord and we would have to search for them on the garden. One managed to get into next door's back garden and we found him sheltering under an old cooker--the type that had legs.

Comment

The only pet I have ever "owned" was a goldfish, called Goldie...
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Goldfish used to be quite commonly seen as prizes at fairs--remember them hanging from hooks in little plastic bags filled with water. I've had a few goldfish and they seemed to be the most long-lived of fish I have had. The more exotic ones didn't last nearly as long.

I forgot to say in my last post that the budgie I wanted to call Flash Gordon but my mom said he would be easier to train to say Flash rather than Flash Gordon, but so far as I remember he didn't learn to say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    Goldfish used to be quite commonly seen as prizes at fairs--remember them hanging from hooks in little plastic bags filled with water. I've had a few goldfish and they seemed to be the most long-lived of fish I have had. The more exotic ones didn't last nearly as long.

I forgot to say in my last post that the budgie I wanted to call Flash Gordon but my mom said he would be easier to train to say Flash rather than Flash Gordon, but so far as I remember he didn't learn to say anything.
                    They lasted well as they were the strongest , healthiest ones that survived all the travelling with the fairs . The weaker fish would have already died in transit ...

Comment

I've probably owned 2 or so goldfish won as prizes and they lasted pretty well. Even those bought from pet shops have had a long life, whereas the more exotic have not lasted long. Perhaps goldfish are a particularly hardy species of the pet fish world.

Comment

yeah same here.

Weve had lots of cats over the yrs.

We have two at the minute they are just under 2 yrs old in human yrs.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        dont like large dogs alastians,dobermans,boxers etc

Comment

My whippet had to be PTS on the 9th march. I really miss my crazy dog dragging me round the estate. Apparently working around death a lot has made me immune to humans checking out but Ive discovered i really can't cope with pet loss. We walked around like zombies for days in tears. Oddly, the day he went there was a really uncomfortable discussion on the wright stuff show debating how much time people take off work when their pets die. Matthew wright seemed really awkward and if he hadn't of said he owned a dog himself I would have thought he was a bit cold about people's relationships with their pets.

Comment

Sorry for your loss littlelen:cry:We lost 2 cats the same way its not easy.They were part of the family and your world is empty when it happens,but the the pain does heal in time.Your beloved friend has gone to a place called rainbow bridge in the sky.I think of my two every day,their pictures are on the mantel piece,so please dont cry think of the happy times you had together

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Littlelen. We went through the same thing when our beloved labrador passed away in August 2014. His passing left an enormous void and the house was so quiet and empty without him. Time does gradually lessen the pain of loss, but there is not a day goes by without we miss him so much. My son created a big montage of photographs of our dog and it is on top of a small table next to a wall unit. A pet who is loved and loves back is part of your family and it is entirely natural to grieve when they pass away and I know exactly what you are going through.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                                Sorry for your loss, Littlelen. We went through the same thing when our beloved labrador passed away in August 2014. His passing left an enormous void and the house was so quiet and empty without him. Time does gradually lessen the pain of loss, but there is not a day goes by without we miss him so much. My son created a big montage of photographs of our dog and it is on top of a small table next to a wall unit. A pet who is loved and loves back is part of your family and it is entirely natural to grieve when they pass away and I know exactly what you are going through.
                                Thankyou.

It has been very surreal so far and we hadn't realised how his routine had been our entire lives. He's been such a massive personality in our house and there's a big dog shaped hole in my heart. I know well have another one again but not for now. It's too sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X