Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 120

Thread: Our Beloved Pets (past and present)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: What pets did you have

    A Huge Ginger and White Puss that adopted us when we moved in here.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    15,632

    Default Re: Pets

    mainly just cats in our house when i was growing up.
    funny the parents have 3 cats it was six at one time but 3 of the 5 kittens where give away last august.

    im not a dog lover nor are the parents.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,142

    Default Re: Pets

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    mainly just cats in our house when i was growing up.
    funny the parents have 3 cats it was six at one time but 3 of the 5 kittens where give away last august.

    im not a dog lover nor are the parents.
    I am more of a cat person than dogs.We also had a budgie & canary which didnt last long as well as goldfishes

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    15,632

    Default Re: Pets

    plenty of goldfishes we had too one was called freddy.

    dont like dogs cause they bark.

    kinda scared of them.




    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I am more of a cat person than dogs.We also had a budgie & canary which didnt last long as well as goldfishes
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,142

    Default Re: Pets

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    plenty of goldfishes we had too one was called freddy.

    dont like dogs cause they bark.

    kinda scared of them.
    Dont like large dogs Alastians,Dobermans,boxers etc

  6. #36

    Default Re: Pets

    Pets when I was growing up:

    Two hamsters in succession. First called Hammy and he was great. The second I can't remember his name and he was a biter.

    A budgie named Flash.

    Two dogs in succession. Bobby, who I can hardly remember. Rebel, a big, rough-looking, black dog who was a loon. He would run as fast as he could until his chain stopped him dead. It's a wonder he didn't break his neck. One day he managed to get over the fence and my dad found him hanging by his chain. He was okay and my dad hauled him back over and shortened his chain. He was a big softie.

    Two tortoises named Belle and Sebastian--from the TV series. They hibernated in winter and occasionally managed to snap their nylon cord and we would have to search for them on the garden. One managed to get into next door's back garden and we found him sheltering under an old cooker--the type that had legs.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,370

    Default Re: Pets

    The only pet I have ever "owned" was a goldfish, called Goldie...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

  8. #38

    Default Re: Pets

    Goldfish used to be quite commonly seen as prizes at fairs--remember them hanging from hooks in little plastic bags filled with water. I've had a few goldfish and they seemed to be the most long-lived of fish I have had. The more exotic ones didn't last nearly as long.

    I forgot to say in my last post that the budgie I wanted to call Flash Gordon but my mom said he would be easier to train to say Flash rather than Flash Gordon, but so far as I remember he didn't learn to say anything.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,894

    Default Re: Pets

    Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Goldfish used to be quite commonly seen as prizes at fairs--remember them hanging from hooks in little plastic bags filled with water. I've had a few goldfish and they seemed to be the most long-lived of fish I have had. The more exotic ones didn't last nearly as long.

    I forgot to say in my last post that the budgie I wanted to call Flash Gordon but my mom said he would be easier to train to say Flash rather than Flash Gordon, but so far as I remember he didn't learn to say anything.
    They lasted well as they were the strongest , healthiest ones that survived all the travelling with the fairs . The weaker fish would have already died in transit ...

  10. #40

    Default Re: Pets

    I've probably owned 2 or so goldfish won as prizes and they lasted pretty well. Even those bought from pet shops have had a long life, whereas the more exotic have not lasted long. Perhaps goldfish are a particularly hardy species of the pet fish world.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 15:21
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-07-2010, 15:30
  3. what pets do you have?
    By bumblelady in forum Fun and games
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 18-06-2009, 12:37
  4. A lovely christmas present LOL
    By dondons69 in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 15:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •