Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pets

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Sorry for your loss littlelen:cry:We lost 2 cats the same way its not easy.They were part of the family and your world is empty when it happens,but the the pain does heal in time.Your beloved friend has gone to a place called rainbow bridge in the sky.I think of my two every day,their pictures are on the mantel piece,so please dont cry think of the happy times you had together
    Thanks Amethyst

It's been a really tough time. My husband is devastated and he really was our hairy bairn. I miss him like mad and it's hard to imagine another let ever coming close to what he was like.

Comment

Sad to hear that mate.

Its understandable youetc where in trs for days.

Some people i think underestimate the emotions animals bring out in there owners.

Originally posted by littlelen View Post
      my whippet had to be pts on the 9th march. I really miss my crazy dog dragging me round the estate. Apparently working around death a lot has made me immune to humans checking out but ive discovered i really can't cope with pet loss. We walked around like zombies for days in tears. Oddly, the day he went there was a really uncomfortable discussion on the wright stuff show debating how much time people take off work when their pets die. Matthew wright seemed really awkward and if he hadn't of said he owned a dog himself i would have thought he was a bit cold about people's relationships with their pets.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        Sad to hear that mate.

Its understandable youetc where in trs for days.

Some people i think underestimate the emotions animals bring out in there owners.
        Thanks Darren. I've honestly never seen a dog run as fast as he did. We were always really proud when he opened up on the beach. People would just stop and watch him. He never got to run on a track though sadly even though there's a club nearby. He was too naughty and would have put the other dogs off. I feel like he had the best home possible with us though and he seemed to love every minute he was here. We still say night night to him when we go to bed cause it doesn't seem right not to.

Comment

My thoughts are with you, Littlelen. Sad to say, you have lost your best friend. Don't be afraid to grieve.

My first dog came to us in 1975. My father found him in the yard of the school where he worked. The dog had been roaming around for a while. My father brought him home. We were in school at the time, and knew nothing about it. We visited our grandmother after school, then our mother told us about him. Me and my brother did not know what to expect. When we arrived home, the front door was opened, the dog then came to meet us. It was magical. He immediately became part of the family. He saw us grow up, go all through school, then into work. He passed away in 1990. That day creased me.

Just think of all the happy memories, it will not be easy, but time is a great healer. When you feel upset, go into your bedroom, cry if you have to. It will help.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
            I've probably owned 2 or so goldfish won as prizes and they lasted pretty well. Even those bought from pet shops have had a long life, whereas the more exotic have not lasted long. Perhaps goldfish are a particularly hardy species of the pet fish world.
            Well they are members of the carp family who can live between 25 and 50 years !!! That said they should be in huge tanks or even better ponds NEVER standard indoor tanks .

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
              My thoughts are with you, Littlelen. Sad to say, you have lost your best friend. Don't be afraid to grieve.

My first dog came to us in 1975. My father found him in the yard of the school where he worked. The dog had been roaming around for a while. My father brought him home. We were in school at the time, and knew nothing about it. We visited our grandmother after school, then our mother told us about him. Me and my brother did not know what to expect. When we arrived home, the front door was opened, the dog then came to meet us. It was magical. He immediately became part of the family. He saw us grow up, go all through school, then into work. He passed away in 1990. That day creased me.

Just think of all the happy memories, it will not be easy, but time is a great healer. When you feel upset, go into your bedroom, cry if you have to. It will help.
              Your dog sounds perfect it's funny how the ones who had to work a little harder to find their families make really special memories.

Comment

Lots of people say I love animals more than people.If a pet has a good loving home then they a fortunate to have someone trustworthy.My neighbours cat if sitting out by his front when I pass,will always come up to me to say hello,they know if your kind or not.

Comment

Thats ok.

And theres no harm at all saying good night to him it just shows how important he was to you all.
                  Pets are as much a family member as ones own kids.

thanks darren. I've honestly never seen a dog run as fast as he did. We were always really proud when he opened up on the beach. People would just stop and watch him. He never got to run on a track though sadly even though there's a club nearby. He was too naughty and would have put the other dogs off. I feel like he had the best home possible with us though and he seemed to love every minute he was here. We still say night night to him when we go to bed cause it doesn't seem right not to.

Comment

Absolutely agree that there is nothing wrong with saying goodnight to a beloved pet who has passed away. Our labrador is buried in the garden under a tree he loved to sit by. Each time I go by that tree I talk to him and tell him how much we love him, and I always say goodnight to him when I go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                      Absolutely agree that there is nothing wrong with saying goodnight to a beloved pet who has passed away. Our labrador is buried in the garden under a tree he loved to sit by. Each time I go by that tree I talk to him and tell him how much we love him, and I always say goodnight to him when I go to bed.
                      Because they will always be in our hearts even though they cant be with us anymore

Comment

One of our cats we lost last year due to being hit by a car late last year.

For a couple of weeks we were all rather sad.

Shed have been only 5 or 6 herself.

She had 5 kittens almost 2 yrs back.

All the cats weve had are just strays.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          One of our cats we lost last year due to being hit by a car late last year.

For a couple of weeks we were all rather sad.

Shed have been only 5 or 6 herself.

She had 5 kittens almost 2 yrs back.

All the cats weve had are just strays.
                          I love that you look after strays that come to you and a friend is a friend. They've had you and you've meant something to each other. I love cats cause they're so honest. There's no point in reading their motives is there? Theyre completely different to dogs and I'd fill my house with both if I could.

Comment

All the neighbourhood cats - strays or otherwise! - come calling because m'lady feeds the little... cherubs!
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Thnx and yes ur so right mate.

We my parents only kept two of the kittens you quite often see the 2 of them the male and female sitting with there legs wrapped round each other the male cat quite often licking her sister on the face head etc.

The male ive never ever seen such an affectionate cat rolls over onto its belly all the time comes right up into ur face pawing at you.

The other one is completely different but we still love em both.

Have u seen the programmes where people have tons of cats like 30 or 40.

Even seen a programme where a fella had hundreds of pet rats.

Yes over the last 30 yrs weve had many stray cats coming to stay with us.

i love that you look after strays that come to you and a friend is a friend. They've had you and you've meant something to each other. I love cats cause they're so honest. There's no point in reading their motives is there? Theyre completely different to dogs and i'd fill my house with both if i could.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                                All the neighbourhood cats - strays or otherwise! - come calling because m'lady feeds the little... cherubs!
                                Oh I love cats especially when they start purring

Comment

Working...
                                X