"This site is not secure" message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This site is not secure" message

I was wondering whether any members are experiencing difficulties with accessing this website at the moment? I have saved a few pages of threads from this website on my Favourites list, and when I click on one of them in order to access the website, I seem to end up with a red worded headlined message on a white background which happens to be saying the following:

This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Close this tab
    More information

I was trying to post on the recently bumped-up Imperial Leather thread in the Adverts section, and as I clicked to post what I had written, a message came up on my computer screen to ask if I want to leave the page, as if I was clicking on a link or pressing back on my browser without posting the text.

I have to admit that this is the first time this has happened, and I hope it will be the last as well - I hope that things will go back to normal as soon as possible. I hope that no one is hacking into the website and that things are going wrong as a result.

Fortunately, I am using Microsoft Edge at the moment which I can access this website on here, but when I post on here - no problem there, but I usually use Microsoft Internet Explorer where this problem has been happening over the past few minutes. I believe that this website is as secure as most other ones online, especially as I can still access this on Microsoft Edge.

Are any other members on here experiencing this on Internet Explorer (or any other App) at this moment in time? Has this ever happened to members before now?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: "This site is not secure" message

I peruse forums via the fabulous ( and free ) TapaTalk forum app and have experienced no issues with the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It seems to be back to normal now, but I wonder how long for.

Nevertheless I thought that I would let people know about it here in case it happens again in the future.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Perhaps this thread could have a "Sticky" on it? I think it could be quite useful for members who may have problems accessing the website.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Re: Charades

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          good one tex. I was not here yesterday as I was indisposed due to being inexplicably locked out of the forum?
          First wierd fonts and then missing posts and now locked out, something strange this way blows!
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Ok I know Donald the Great and Tex have both reported problems of 'being locked out' Of the forum, is anyone else having issues?
            Heather

Comment

Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve.

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              I was wondering whether any members are experiencing difficulties with accessing this website at the moment? I have saved a few pages of threads from this website on my Favourites list, and when I click on one of them in order to access the website, I seem to end up with a red worded headlined message on a white background which happens to be saying the following:

This site is not secure
              This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Close this tab
              More information

I was trying to post on the recently bumped-up Imperial Leather thread in the Adverts section, and as I clicked to post what I had written, a message came up on my computer screen to ask if I want to leave the page, as if I was clicking on a link or pressing back on my browser without posting the text.

I have to admit that this is the first time this has happened, and I hope it will be the last as well - I hope that things will go back to normal as soon as possible. I hope that no one is hacking into the website and that things are going wrong as a result.

Fortunately, I am using Microsoft Edge at the moment which I can access this website on here, but when I post on here - no problem there, but I usually use Microsoft Internet Explorer where this problem has been happening over the past few minutes. I believe that this website is as secure as most other ones online, especially as I can still access this on Microsoft Edge.

Are any other members on here experiencing this on Internet Explorer (or any other App) at this moment in time? Has this ever happened to members before now?
              Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
              http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                First wierd fonts and then missing posts and now locked out, something strange this way blows!
                You were locked out too mate? I was yesterday. Biggest problem I found was being unable to contact someone to rectify the problem. Michael did not answer my emails. I had to get a mate to register here and notify admin who in turn notified Michael.

Comment

As someone who loves this site to bits.. this is not good to read.
                  This site is not secure

Close this tab
                  More information

Comment

Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve. [quote]

Thanks for getting on top of this Remember. How dare they do this to our site.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                      Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve.
                      I cut and pasted what was on there - whether I will get the message again is anyone's guess (hopefully I won't get it again), but I will try and capture it if it ever does happen again.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post

How dare they do this to our site.
                        That is exactly what I think.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It did it again today when I started the Game Show Hosts thread - I am so annoyed that I lost so much stuff that I have spent writing on here.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Any idea why I’m getting sooooo many spam/ scam PMs these days ??

How do I stop them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As far as I know, I don't get them myself which I am relieved about - at least one can delete spam PMs.

I don't usually like to use PM myself - if I have something to say, then I will say it on here as I have nothing to hide.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X