X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catweazle

Originally posted by Daz View Post
    thanks - but alas i was too late maybe next time lol
    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

There was even a wrestler called Catweazle........one for Mommas thread there, elsewhere.

Comment

There is a Catweazle Fan Club and the group meet at least once a year (usually at the annual Hexwood Fete which is due to take place on Saturday 15th June this year) and Geoffrey Bayldon usually attends too (89yrs old now).

The fete is frequently attended by members of the cast from the 1st and 2nd series (unfortunately Robin Davies, who played Carrot died in 2010 and Richard Carpenter, the author, died in 2012).

Details of the Fan Club can be found at http://www.catweazlefanclub.co.uk/

ENJOY!

Comment

There used to be a cartoon strip of Catweazle in one of those boys comics.Can't remember if it was Lion or Tiger or another comic.So long ago now.I don't remember much of the tv series but I expect I must of watched some of it as parts of the series on DVD been watching seem to be familiar.
          I have known several Catweazle's in my time.One in particular was a spitting image of him.Call someone Catweazle today and the young ones just stare at you with a blank expression on their faces.Must of been one of the greatest childrens dramas of the era.

Comment

was a show i never got into or rarely saw.
            nio shock it has a fanclub though.

surprised there was a comic strip of it.

Worzel Gummidge i love.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Catweazle is a fantastic series, really love it. The Catweazle comic strip appeared in 'Look-in' [I think] and 'TV Comic' or was it just TV Comic? I forget now.

Comment

Catweazle, now being re-shown on Talking pictures tv on saturdays, just watched episodes 1 & 2 from 1970...still great
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I also saw it on Saturday, it's a series I've read a lot about but never had the chance to see.

It was fun to see his reaction to elec-trickery, & the telling bone has been featured in a trailer.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I still find myself calling things electrickery or the telephone a telling bone... and I haven't watched in a couple of years. I have the second season on DVD along with the first but I could've saved my money as I think I may've only watched two of those. The first couple of seasons of Worzel Gummidge were similarly fun, but the New Zeeland relaunch ones I haven't got the time for I guess.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Really enjoying the reruns - sad to see that the actor who played Carrot died young, though...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        Really enjoying the reruns - sad to see that the actor who played Carrot died young, though...

Same here, he had quite a good dynamic with Geoffrey Blaydon.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Welsh born Robin davies was 56 when he died, he starred in Catweazle, the double deckers and also mother makes three with Wendy craig, he also appeared in several films.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am old enough to remember watching Catweazle when it was transmitted originally. It is nice to see that it is being shown again for fans old and new to enjoy. It was also featured as a strip in Look-In for a while.

Comment

And mother makes three....skip to 3.45
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_n0hWRAR-8

Comment

Mmm, wikipedia says he was in the doubledeckers.....can't see him here??
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKobLjH3tA

Comment

Working...
                                X