One of my christmas presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One of my christmas presents

Talking of artists materials, I remember having as a child a painting set with a number of pieces of paper on which were printed various areas outlined with thin lines. Inside each area was a number which corresponded to a particular colour or shade of colour. You just filled in each area with the appropriate colour or shade and gradually a picture was created. Can't remember if these were all originals or if they cribbed various famous paintings. I got it for Christmas sometime in the early/mid 70s.

Comment

Painting with numbers. I think some were copy's of famous paintings and others were made up. I had one myself of some Swiss mountain scene. The paints were oils in little plastic pots in this set.

Craft sets seemed to be all the rage in the 70's.I can remember all types. One that sticks in my mind was of cork place mats with cute animal pictures printed on them. You had to finish painting them and coat them with varnish.

Does anybody remember the craft books where you had to cut out costumes and stick onto cut out people. I had a medieval knight set which kept me busy for hours cutting out all the little bits and attaching them to the figures.
      Last edited by battyrat; 16-12-2018, 20:32.

Comment

Anyone remember Spirofoil? It was like Spirograph, but the set contained silver foil squares on which patterns were etched, and there were paints to colour the patterns. I think the squares were supposed to be used as drinks coasters.

Comment

I have mentioned it before not long after I joined this forum, but a lot of these reminds me of Rotadraw which were coloured plastic discs where one would put it on a blank sheet of paper with a pin in the middle of the disc, while one would put a mark at the top of the page. The disc had small numbers and points around it. They had various unusual shapes where one would have top draw, turning it around ever so slightly so that after you drawn inside all of the shapes and lifted the disc off the paper, you would have drawn a picture.

There were some discs that allowed you to draw Disney and other cartoon characters, while one allowed you to draw Zebedee out of the Magic Roundabout. I believe that they were around in the mid 1970s and I was the second generation to use them over a decade later after they were stored in an upstairs cupboard for many years. The question is, does anyone remember them and even had some themselves?
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
            tex that is gonna give your blood sugar level one hellova hit. Ever heard of diabetes?
            Ha, there's always one isn't there ? Type 2 diabetic here. Christmas is a nightmare for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Getting some artists materials, been itching to give painting a try for a while
              This isn't one of yours I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

No wonder frank did a runner...wtf
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Well ...
                    Still waiting to hear if Santa managed to get me an Apple iWatch and a pair of cheap wireless earphones , he's not replied to my correspondence..

I'm even less hopeful about Charlize Theron popping round [emoji20]

Comment

Well ...
                      Still waiting to hear if Santa managed to get me an Apple iWatch and a pair of cheap wireless earphones , he's not replied to my correspondence..
                      The Christmas post is a bit and miss on a day like this...

I have been asking Father Christmas each year for love - but do I get it each year?
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Gave up asking Santa for anything. As I said to my Father yesterday I have pretty much given up celebrating it myself. Instead I spent the day making teddy bears which if I am lucky will be somebody else's Christmas present next year. As you get older people tend to forget you exist so you end up with your memories of what Christmas used to be like, Christmas just becomes like another Sunday. Gave myself a Christmas present as I managed to watch Zog on TV yesterday. Today boxing day will be the same as yesterday. I will be working on the Bears again only with a bottle of gin I liberated from a well known shop on Christmas eve.

Comment

Well ...

I'm even less hopeful about Charlize Theron popping round [emoji20]

I have been waiting for 30+ years for Pamela Anderson, Kim Basinger or Julia Roberts to appear in my stocking...or preferably in theirs, and I am beginning to think that Santa lost my address.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                            I have been waiting for 30+ years for Pamela Anderson, Kim Basinger or Julia Roberts to appear in my stocking...or preferably in theirs, and I am beginning to think that Santa lost my address.
                            Oh my lord . How gorgeous was Kim Basinger !!

Comment

Oh my lord . How gorgeous was Kim Basinger !!

I'll show you

Comment

Rubiks cube, been trying to solve it every day for the past week and its driving me crackers... the hammers comin out!!!
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X