Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Kipling Toffee Apple Lattices

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help here. I was having a conversation with some work colleagues about old discontinued food stuffs and I mentioned Mr Kipling Toffee Apple Latices. Nobody knew them so I looked around on the internet and couldn't find anything (which is unusual!). I even emailed the company and they just replied about the bakewells (not what I'm on about). I have since followed up with a copy of the picture and I'm waiting on a reply.

https://imgur.com/a/nyB5YfO Picture of the box, sorry for the bad quality as it's an old photo and not the focal point of the image. I will scan a better quality copy at work on Monday and repost if we've not solved the mystery.

This would of been around 98? I've decided either I'm crazy or they were perhaps a trial run to gauge interest within a specific area.

Re: Mr Kipling Toffee Apple Lattices

I remember Mr Kipling apple pies with a toffee filling and apple pies with a custard filling. They were definitely advertised on TV. They didn't seem to last long - late 1990s - so they could have been a limited edition.

Comment

No google images but found these....
      Attached Files
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Reminds me of Apple Strudel.

Did Mr Kipling ever do their own brand of Apple Sundaes? I know that Asda did their own equivalent of them in the mid 1990s (I got some not longer after the store opened on Sundays for the first time, ironically enough), and one could imagine Kipling doing them as well.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Reminds me of Apple Strudel.

Did Mr Kipling ever do their own brand of Apple Sundaes? I know that Asda did their own equivalent of them in the mid 1990s (I got some not longer after the store opened on Sundays for the first time, ironically enough), and one could imagine Kipling doing them as well.
          No image but found this, also available in apple....YUM!
          Attached Files

Comment

I wrote to Asda not long back wondering whether they still made their Apple Sundaes, but they said that they didn't.

Now, I wonder whether those Kipling's Strawberry Sundaes are still being made?
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              I wrote to Asda not long back wondering whether they still made their Apple Sundaes, but they said that they didn't.

Now, I wonder whether those Kipling's Strawberry Sundaes are still being made?
              Kipling have a seasonal theme to their ranges, christmas/Halloween/Easter plus old staples like apple pies,fancies and fruit slices etc. I think sundaes re-appear in summer and dissapear in autumn

Comment

Yes I remember the ones with custard. I keep hoping they will bring them back permanently but no such luck. Ironically I was only thinking tonight how much nicer the toffee apple pies would be with a layer of custard!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

Kipling have a seasonal theme to their ranges, christmas/Halloween/Easter plus old staples like apple pies,fancies and fruit slices etc. I think sundaes re-appear in summer and dissapear in autumn
                  Including a Christmas range sold in November with the Best Before date as being before the end of that month.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X