Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70's sweets

Originally posted by andria View Post
    I loved the advert for OPALFRUITS, when they were playing in the sea, and the jingle - Opalfruits, made to make your mouth water. Starbursts do not compare. Loved the green ones.
    Daz posted the opal fruits advert on defunct sweets just a few days ago. Its on page 27, if you want to watch. xx
    Heather

Comment

cheers
      "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Have a look at this website, they have lots of retro sweets for sale!

http://www.keepitsweet.co.uk
        Last edited by Mischief; 04-04-2007, 13:11. Reason: missed out web address

Comment

I got a cool retro hamper for my 30th Birthday
          Last edited by Heather74; 31-01-2008, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ceg56 View Post
            Loved the sweet tobacco and saw it being sold loose in a shop last weekend. One of those shops that sold the old fashioned sweets in the large jars. Only thing was some of the sweets looked as though they had been there since the 70's, shame they had some really good ones as well.

THis stuff was called spanish gold.... i lovvvved it !
            Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

Loved chewing nuts and sweet tobacco, does anyone remember "IMPS"
              they were tiny squares of very strong hard liquorice and were sold in small boxes - have done a search on them, but cannot find anything on them (where are you Daz and Oggy - search Kings of DYR!! )

Another sweet I remember and you use to be able to buy them loose, was small soft chewy toffee lumps with coconut mixed in the toffee - can't remember what they were called, really nice though
              omg, I found some 'IMPS' in a shop in Blackpool.......couldn't believe it, I hadn't seen them for about 30yrs+, just had to buy them!

Comment

does anyone remember "IMPS"
                they were tiny squares of very strong hard liquorice
                Here you go Ceg56 mighty imps, Home Garden items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

I'm a Victory V girl myself.

Comment

I'd forgotten all about this stuff! Coltsfoot Rock, liquorice/aniseed flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post

I'd forgotten all about this stuff! Coltsfoot Rock, liquorice/aniseed flavour.
                    Urrgh! I don't remember that, but it sounds horrid. Did you like it Claudine?
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I don't think I did like it that much Kaz, can't remember who kept buying the stuff but hey, it was sweet so I'd eat it

Comment

Saw some Coltsfoot for sale in a sweetie shop today, but I'm sure last time I bought some it had a different name?

Comment

Originally posted by kabrluja77 View Post
                          Who still daydreams about 'sweet tobacco', chewing nuts, pink panther choc bars, chocolate tools, aniseed balls, and floral gums??????? luv 2 hear from u!!
                          Sweet tobacco is still available. i had some last week. got it online. yum still tastes the same
                          Last edited by Heather74; 20-09-2009, 11:39. Reason: removing sales link!

Comment

Re: 70's sweets-ALMOND ISLANDS?

Nestles Almond Islands chunky chocolate bar with almonds and toffee, wasn't around for long, cant find anyone who remembers it.
                            sigpic
                            Don't worry Cheryl....
                            I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Originally posted by the double deckers View Post
                              Sweet tobacco is still available. i had some last week. got it online. yum still tastes the same
                              Floral Gums, Chewing Nuts, Chocolate Tools and Aniseed Balls are all available on ebay.

Personalised Pink Panther bars here "The Pink Panther" Personalised Loot Bag Chocolate Bars on eBay (end time 29-Sep-09 22:00:00 BST) Don't know if they're the original pink chocolate, they were yummy

Comment

I remember my friend having floral gums, & they seemed very strange tasting.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X