No announcement yet.

First video game console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Genesis, I remember my father giving me his back in 2005, ( earlier than the Wii (roms world), I got that a 12 months later) and on the grounds since then, I still play sonic jam with him on that very console.

Comment

We had the Pong game, but the controllers were wheels built in to the console itself, at the bottom of the console. Google is no help in finding it.

EDIT: This one. http://www.pongmuseum.com/collection...superscore.php
      Last edited by OptimusPrime1980; 07-02-2021, 16:58.
      Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Comment

We got one of those very early basic pong games as a joint present for both us kids one Christmas. It had two spin-wheel topped paddles attached to a white box you connected to the back of the tv. Later my brother bought an Atari after playing it at a friend's home who had an early one, and we both bought games to plug into it.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

My first video game console was a game boy advance and the first game I played on it was Pokémon Platinum. Awesome game and awesome times I still remember how I figured out to cheat for rare candy and became a master of it. Good ol days man and good old retro gaming.
          Last edited by Guile Peterson; 17-02-2021, 21:44.

Comment

Shout out for the ZX Spectrum. Can't remember what K it was. I do remember that the Ghostbusters game on my ZX wouldn't play properly. I think it was something to do with not being able to buy the best equipment.

Comment

Mine was a pong game from Argos , it didn’t have the knobs for moving the paddles up and down but a joystick so that the paddles could move all around its playing area, I was so excited to buy this on the Saturday that I couldn’t sleep on Friday night

Comment

Sega Megadrive.

Does the MSX count as a game console? It has a cartridge slot so it is effectively a game console with a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Guile Peterson View Post
                  My first video game console was a game boy advance and the first game I played on it was Pokémon Platinum. Awesome game and awesome times I still remember how I figured out to cheat for rare candy and became a master of it. Good old days man and good old retro gaming.
                  I didn't play Pokemon on GameBoy but still remember this awesome game in a way it was a masterpiece. My first console was a PlayStation, I adored it to some extent even now after buying PS 5 I don't feel that many emotions as I felt playing that old PS.
                  Last edited by DemetriusVVV; 02-05-2021, 20:32.

Comment

My first system is the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). And no I don’t wish I still had it. Due to ROMs and collections, I can get the majority of all the video games I used to own.

Comment

The first one was Sega Genesis 2nd. And almost at the same time I've got a Nintendo from my brother. Still remember that time like it was yesterday. I still prefer to play games, which are pretty easy to complete, level by level, without spending a lot of time for getting all the details about gameplay. Game development company that knows games called iLogos - have pretty awesome portfolio of collected games, and game projects - in which they've been taking a participation, and turns out that I've played almost every second game they've been developing.
                      Last edited by melvin13K; 01-06-2021, 13:02.

Comment

I was a sales assistant in Boot's The Chemist flagship store in Regent Street in London, a mere stone's throw from the wonderful Hamley's. It was the late 70's and working in the audio department I would sell video games consoles. Apart from the typical ping pong type games there is one that sticks in my mind for some reason. It involved using the joystick the launch a liitle motorcycle stunt man off one ramp and safely onto another. All very Evel Knievel! I bought a megadrive some years later although I never caught the gaming bug. Thoroughly enjoyed Desert Strike, it'll be the closest I'll ever get to flying a helicopter which is probably just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                          Re: First video game console?

I had one of these (I think - getting too long ago to remember....)

Same here

Comment

Atari, then went to NES, good times

Comment

Radofin Telesports IV

It came with a generic multi-sports cartridge, but I later got a Stunt Cycle game for my Birthday. We got ours around 1981.

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/d...ele-sports-IV/

Click image for larger version

Name:	product-79275.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	287798

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn't have a video console in my childhood. When I was 10 the computer was bought for me and my brother by my parents. It was so long ago that I think the monitor used to fill an entire room. Do you remember those bold ones? We played different games in our free time. But our favorite was Minecraft. Now it is possible to play it online on different servers. Also, different modes are available. For example, his son plays it . I think it was inherited xD. But even right now we try to find time to play. It brings us together.

Comment

Working...
                                X