No announcement yet.

First video game console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a Binatone from Shoppers Paradise(later Argos) in Altringham in 1978. 1982 brought us the Atari 2600 and Frogger. When i was all grown up with a job, house and family and was working at TRU i worked on the video games dept. I absolutely loved it but the problem was the very poor pay. Customers used to ask me for game advice but i had to tell them that i couldnt afford one on the meagre wage they payed me.

Comment

The 'big 2' rivals in the 80's: Nintendo NES, Sega Master System.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

And their deluxe incarnations:

Comment

Nintendo and Sega next gens:

Comment

Until this came long in 1995 and decimated everything!
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Guile Peterson View Post
              My first video game console was a game boy advance and the first game I played on it was Pokémon Platinum. Awesome game and awesome times I still remember how I figured out to cheat for rare candy and became a master of it. Good ol days man and good old retro gaming.
              Pokemon Platinum is a game very near and dear to my heart. Sinnoh has a completely different feel compared to every other region. The atmosphere is soothing, with music that encapsulates each environment perfectly in a way to draw you in. It's a world that feels really rich through its characterization and design. Diamond and Pearl set the scene with all these attributes, but Platinum provides the most welcoming way to experience them, with many quality-of-life improvements, creating the most immersive Pokemon game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 70s kid View Post
                Nintendo and Sega next gens:
                Cool! I had the same SEGA. I was 6 years old when my parents bought me that console. My favorite game was Mario. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Semuel View Post

Cool! I had the same SEGA. I was 6 years old when my parents bought me that console. My favorite game was Mario. It was great.
                  It was great. But at that time there were no websites for getting help with games. Now there is, and it's very convenient. I recently found one.

Comment

Originally posted by Semuel View Post

It was great. But at that time there were no websites for getting help with games. Now there is, and it's very convenient. I recently found one.
                    I know one good one on World of Warcraft and they helped me a lot especially with dungeons, I bought them here https://expcarry.com/wow/mythic-dungeons and I recommend it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by expcarry View Post

I know one good one on World of Warcraft and they helped me a lot especially with dungeons, I bought them here https://expcarry.com/wow/mythic-dungeons and I recommend it to you.
                      Great! But at that time there were no websites for getting help with games. Now there is, and it's very convenient. I recently found https://skycoach.gg/

Comment

The first console I actually owned myself was a Sega Gamegear. I really loved it, completed Outrun and G-lock - no saves for these games, or only if the cartridge had that function, like the very lovable Popils. Shinobi was always the coolest, and looked so good on the little screen. Of course, Sonic.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your gaming nostalgia! It's always fun to reminisce about our first consoles and the games we played on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurinoss View Post
                            Thanks for sharing your gaming nostalgia! It's always fun to reminisce about our first consoles and the games we played on them.
                            Your Sega Game Gear sounds like a classic! Completing games like Outrun and G-lock without saves must have been quite a challenge. And Shinobi and Sonic are timeless favorites for many gamers. I'm a big fan of Counter-Strike, and I recently stumbled upon https://bitskins.com, a place to explore CS:GO skins. If you're into Counter-Strike, it might be worth checking out for some cool skins to enhance your gameplay.

Comment

Think it was an Acetronic

Comment

It was sega mega drive
                                Last edited by fethiye; 13-01-2024, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X