Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Central heating

Default Re: Central heating

Our boiler is over 50 years old and still going strong .. possibly not as efficient as the modern ones of course .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Our boiler is over 50 years old and still going strong .. possibly not as efficient as the modern ones of course .
    I wish I could say the same about my boiler, except that I have to call someone out each year to start it up again.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I wish I could say the same about my boiler, except that I have to call someone out each year to start it up again.
    Ahhh we get the same old bloke to service ours each year ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beggining to feel a bit ripped off actually, i pay 30 a month for level two cover with british gas, i have been paying this for 10 years which affords me a annual boiler service and repairs to the boiler and central heating should i need them....i never have, which means i have spent 3,600 on nothing, i am thinking of cancelling this cover but have a horrible feeling the minute i do so the boiler will die. Whats also annoying is that the price you pay for cover depends on your postcode and equivalent cover starts at 12 which seems crazy....haven't decided what to do yet but it makes me angry
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I'm beggining to feel a bit ripped off actually, i pay 30 a month for level two cover with british gas, i have been paying this for 10 years which affords me a annual boiler service and repairs to the boiler and central heating should i need them....i never have, which means i have spent 3,600 on nothing, i am thinking of cancelling this cover but have a horrible feeling the minute i do so the boiler will die. Whats also annoying is that the price you pay for cover depends on your postcode and equivalent cover starts at 12 which seems crazy....haven't decided what to do yet but it makes me angry
    Complete waste of money. My solution - befriend a local central heating repairman or two and buy a couple of fan heaters and an electric hot water heater just in case the boiler stops working.

An old Randall 3060 timeswitch and heating controller from the 1970s. A far cry from the Nest Learning Thermostat.

Believe it or not, you can still buy the Randall (now Danfoss) 3060 as they were popular in council houses.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Randall3060.jpg   Randall3060.jpg