Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70's perfume/Aftershave

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
    My sister used to wear Tweed and Rebel. I used to love Yardley's Pure Silk, beautiful perfume.
    My dad wore Old Spice..Remember the Hai Karate after shave ads? Yeah the ads were deadly, remember Prince Matchabelli with their corny Aviance one? Here it is here..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd9gQkikr50
    Think I bought that for my late Dad! Ha ha...

Comment

Was that the same time "Mandate" for men was out??? Got my Dad that too...

Comment

Originally posted by Colleen Masson View Post
        Think I bought that for my late Dad! Ha ha...
        I like the orange enamel kettle ! Very 70's!

I reckon most of the 70's perfumes were very heady and unusual!

I loved FABERGE'S Aphrodisia and Xanadu?

Comment

Re: 70's perfume

Never heard of this Hai Karate aftershave but it was mentioned on the Royale Family Christmas special last night. When Joe was offered dubious dating advice from Barbara whether to wear Hai Karate, Old Spice or Brut. Wear a dab of all three was her advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
            Never heard of this Hai Karate aftershave but it was mentioned on the Royale Family Christmas special last night. When Joe was offered dubious dating advice from Barbara whether to wear Hai Karate, Old Spice or Brut. Wear a dab of all three was her advice!
            Lol, I remember it well............

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
              Lol, I remember it well............

Great clip hahahahahaha. Is this Hai Karate still about? Was it ok or a dodgy scent?

Comment

Great clip hahahahahaha. Is this Hai Karate still about? Was it ok or a dodgy scent?
                I remember the advert BL but I never used Hai Karate myself...........I was only 7 at the time

Comment

My dad always wore Old Spice and Brut in the 70s. (Funnily enough, my mum bought him a bottle of Brut this Christmas.) Mum always wore Panache. I hated Panache as it always made my eyes water - or was that just the amount she used?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinney68 View Post
                    My dad always wore Old Spice and Brut in the 70s. (Funnily enough, my mum bought him a bottle of Brut this Christmas.) Mum always wore Panache. I hated Panache as it always made my eyes water - or was that just the amount she used?!
                    Yeah my dad was a Brut man too!......he liked to 'splash it all over'.

Comment

I remember the advert BL but I never used Hai Karate myself...........I was only 7 at the time
                      You probably had a lucky escape judging by the dodgy packaging and name It's better to wear nothing (aftershave that is) then have people running for the hills If only scents had the effect of the old Impulse or Lynx ads I would buy loads

Comment

You probably had a lucky escape judging by the dodgy packaging and name It's better to wear nothing (aftershave that is) then have people running for the hills If only scents had the effect of the old Impulse or Lynx ads I would buy loads
                        Oh I don't know BL ..................HE was fighting HER off don't forget!

Comment

Oh I don't know BL ..................HE was fighting HER off don't forget!
                          At least he knew the effect of....Hai Karate lol....Maybe I'll buy Impulse and see if it works hahahaha

Comment

I remember the ads for Tweed and Panache. Personal stink memories are from much later: Anais Anais, Exclamation and Body Shop specials Dewberry and Fuzzy Peach.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                            X