Members list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members list

Thought i would have a look at the members list, i was amazed at how many members will post half a dozen times or even less and just never return?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Members list

Many of them probably just come on here to ask a question and when they get the answer they go away again - or they simply have second thoughts of joining in the first place. I think that those who do that probably search for words like "nostalgia" and "1970s" on Google and just happen to get this website on its front page.

On other forums I probably post a few times and go, while on others (such as this one) I stay on a while - I believe that it depends on what sort of forum it happens to be and whether people would be interested in it. I know that this one covers a huge scope that practically everyone growing up in Britain from the 1970s to 1990s have experienced.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yeah noticed that myself you could say they are just casual members or perhaps some are just shy to post.

But of all the forums ive been on this one is the most friendly and everyone gets on.

and with soo many topics
      and threads everybody cant find something to natter about.

Originally posted by tex View Post
      thought i would have a look at the members list, i was amazed at how many members will post half a dozen times or even less and just never return?
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        Many of them probably just come on here to ask a question and when they get the answer they go away again - or they simply have second thoughts of joining in the first place. I think that those who do that probably search for words like "nostalgia" and "1970s" on Google and just happen to get this website on its front page.

On other forums I probably post a few times and go, while on others (such as this one) I stay on a while - I believe that it depends on what sort of forum it happens to be and whether people would be interested in it. I know that this one covers a huge scope that practically everyone growing up in Britain from the 1970s to 1990s have experienced.
        Yes that’s what happens.

We we also get members that stay for a year or two and then disappear, I guess life moves on or they have talked about everything they wanted to and interest wains.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I have to admit that when I joined this forum last year I joined with the intention of staying for a while at least - the fact that one could talk (or write anyway) about how life was in the 1980s, school, television programmes, music, etc, would be one reason (or indeed several reasons) why I wouldn't just sign up to ask a question about which actor played who in a 1981 television drama, or who was the best member of Duran Duran, or whether anyone owned a Bluebird lunchbox when going on a school trip.

This forum is a representation of life and people's memories in general over several decades and as members, it is our own observations that make DYR what it is and what it is supposed to be, and life and one's own childhood is too big for just one small question. My motto to anyone joining up is to stick around - you might just learn something good and you will probably even enjoy it!
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

There are quite a few FB nostalgia groups too
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              I have to admit that when I joined this forum last year I joined with the intention of staying for a while at least - the fact that one could talk (or write anyway) about how life was in the 1980s, school, television programmes, music, etc, would be one reason (or indeed several reasons) why I wouldn't just sign up to ask a question about which actor played who in a 1981 television drama, or who was the best member of Duran Duran, or whether anyone owned a Bluebird lunchbox when going on a school trip.

This forum is a representation of life and people's memories in general over several decades and as members, it is our own observations that make DYR what it is and what it is supposed to be, and life and one's own childhood is too big for just one small question. My motto to anyone joining up is to stick around - you might just learn something good and you will probably even enjoy it!
              Well said George!
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                Well said George!
                My pleasure.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Let's not forget we have been spammed before...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Talking about Spam at primary the kids done a large poster that read, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, etc. repeating itself .It was placed just below the hatch in the school hall where the dinners were served from.Could it of come from a TV program of the time?

Not seen the members list on here. But it would seem to be the same with many forums I belong to where people join then just disappear, some as quickly as they appeared.

Comment

Monty Python did a fun song called Spam .

The words were ..

Spam , spam , spam , spam etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X