The Bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bump

What a great way to be enjoying your music, seemed pretty complicated at the time, now so simple!

Re: The Bump

got great memories of this one in the seventies!! my kids would have a fit if they saw me doing it now!!
    sigpic

Comment

I can still see my mum showing us "how to do it" in our living room when I was about 5 or 6 Sent us flying
      Heather

Comment

I bumped with an absolutely gorgeous young lady in the Chelsea Reach, New Brighton in the mid 70s and the envious stares made me feel so brilliant! It was out only date, sadly, I must have bumped when I shouldn't!!!!

Comment

:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
            I must have bumped when I shouldn't!!!!
            When or Where??
            Heather

Comment

If only I knew!!! Oh, the stuff dreams are made of .................

Comment

I think the pop group called Kenny started this dance wth the song called Do The Bump. from maxine

Comment

I hated it when your mum and dad would have a wee dance to, as they called it, our song, I have never seen anything as weird looking in my life, I mean come on, is that the way they danced when they were young. from maxine

Comment

My hubby and I once won a Bump competition.
                    Songs to bump to include 'The bump' by Kenny - or by The bay city rollers, who also did a version. Also 'Ain't gonna bump no more with no big fat woman!' by Joe Tex.

YouTube - Kenny - The Bump

YouTube - Joe Tex - Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)

Comment

I was an avid bump dancer in the 70s when I was single. Recently, I taught my wife how to bump and, two years later, we made a video clip of our bump dancing.
                      Since I had previously searched the web extensively and in vein, I believe that our clip is the only video of a couple dancing the bump for more than a few seconds. Our clip is posted on Youtube
                      YouTube - The Bump Is Back - Dancing Like it's an Aerobics Class

I should explain that our version of the bump is somewhat physically more intense and we do more spins and limbos than what was common in the seventies. Nonetheless, the essence is the same.
                      If you know of other video clips, please point us to them.

Comment

The Bump was a great fun dance! You could never be miserable being bounced around the dancefloor doing this.
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

No no. I'm not with them. Ha ha. Erm...

Actually, I wouldn't dare do the bump - couldn't afford the property damage bills.

Comment

Yes, quite right, Kenny are so synonymous with The Bump. (Sigh, the memories of Christmas 1974, when this song was all the rage, come flooding back . . .). Kenny went on to make equally brilliant records like Fancy Pants and Baby, I Love You, OK.
                            Wirral Writer
                            www.alantoner.com

Comment

Never being a dance fan (I was useless at it) I do remember taking this beautiful young lady out and we 'bumped' in the Chelsea Reach in New Brighton. A wonderful night with a lovely lady.

Comment

Working...
                              X