Martin Fords clothes shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Fords clothes shop

Remember the super prices and selection?? Another favourite of mine was 'SNOB', 'Platform Nine', and for food there was always 'David Greigs'. Remember those days anyone????

Re: Martin Fords clothes shop

poor old C&A thats what I say
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by kabrluja77 View Post
      Remember the super prices and selection?? Another favourite of mine was 'SNOB', 'Platform Nine', and for food there was always 'David Greigs'. Remember those days anyone????
      Never heard of any of them!

Comment

oh and martins they went bust this week too.:cry:
        Heather

Comment

There was Grandways ( Supermarket) used to call grindnods ?

Also Scoop ( Budget co-op)

Big D - a large DIY store

Remember Martins the newsagents but didn't know they'd gone bust !

Remember Fords But not Martin Fords.....

There was Scan & Gem - Both supermarkets too . I used to work for Fine Fare ( Yellow Labels & PYO)

Still see some Wimpy's - but that was our treat as kids
          Lucky 7 Bingo - (used to go & meet me mam from there)

Again trying to recall ..........

Comment

The martins i'm talking about is a high street clothes chain,mainly womens, but did some kids stuff, mostly School uniforms,but bet ya mam got your pants, vests and socks from there.
            Heather

Comment

You've been peaking again haven't you !

others I remember

There was John Justins too...... (clothes if I remember correctly)
              Save-it - Like a general store

.......... still thinking.................

Comment

Lewis before debenhams took it over, they did the best Santa's grotto's ever.
                Heather

Comment

Nothing to do with the subject really it's just the name cought my eye. The Martin Ford I know races formula 2 Stockcars number 19. So that's how he funds his racing.
                  sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

My Mam used to Get my School Uniform from C&A and the Kylie section in Mckays. I was small and skinny so it's the only places that used to fit me.
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

My Andria Yow
                      wor a bit posh duckie - uniform from C&A !

The only C&A I had was in me underpants to tell me which way round to wear them LOL

Comment

lol, The shop where we were mean't to get our uniform from, didn't fit me, they were too big, so i had a green gingham dress for summer with green cardi and grey pinafore for winter, courteousy of C & A and a tie on elastic from wollies I think!!!
                        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Well the Gingham & The pinafore sounds like yow were significantly posher than what we were. The teachers were happy if we just turned up

I remember Bell bottom trousers with pockets on the side which were the height of fashion I'll have you know. Standing in assembly with head bowed trying to get it so that the bell bottoms totally covered your platform shoes

Too much info again

Comment

I remember Fine-Fares..the Wombles opened the one where I lived. I cuddled Orinoco and was upset cos he was so sweaty - lol
                            ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

Originally posted by Burbs View Post
                              Well the Gingham & The pinafore sounds like yow were significantly posher than what we were. The teachers were happy if we just turned up
                              It was a really strict Catholic School, don't know about posh so much. We had regular Teahcers, Nuns and Preists.

Comment

Working...
                              X