drama series about a private school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drama series about a private school

Can anyone remember a 1970's TV serial (maybe two series) about a private school probably set in the 1950's in Devon? The school was always in financial trouble and I think it was family -run. It concentrated on the lives of the teachers. I caught it again on TV about 15 years ago when I was in the Middle East. I seem to remember that it may have been cancelled as the story lines were never completed.

Re: drama series about a private school

I remember the Flaxley Boys but not sure if that's the one you mean Wschmidt
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Re: drama series about a private school

There are two programmes that come to mind, although these were mid to late 1980s:

The first one is a Friday 9.00 pm series called Drummonds which was made by LWT and had two series in 1985 and 1987 - that one was set in a boarding school in the 1950s. (I thought originally that only one series was made and that the second series was actually repeats of the first if you know what I mean).

The second one is a Children's ITV series called The Haunted School which was based on the books by Helen Creswell and had a boarding school setting. The teacher character Fanny Crowe (Carol Drinkwater) comes to mind regarding this.

The 1970s is before my time so it cannot be either of these if that is the case, but it does sound similar.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
      X