worst football kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: worst football kit?

Hello everyone im a newcomer and just like to say worst school pe football kits were the ones worn by the few who pulled their shorts with the shirt tucked in right up above their waist almost causing an injury to themselves before the pe even started.During the 70's if you wanted to look cool your waistband to your nylon shorts would be as low as possible.Any one on my wavelength.I remember playing a cup footy match and had to replay because in assembley monday am we found out that when we put a sub on at half time we forgot to take a player off so we played with 12 men in 2nd half.embarrasing or what we only managed a 2-1 win.

Comment

This one takes some beating!

Hull City 1992!!

Ian D

Comment

Originally posted by Ian D View Post
        This one takes some beating!

Hull City 1992!!

I just had a vision of Bet Lynch in that for some reason.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
          I just had a vision of Bet Lynch in that for some reason.
          Lol!!!!!
          Ian D

Comment

my team (Bradford City) had this beauty early 90's:

Dave
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

A couple more gems for you.

Ian Wallace wearing this little number from 1978 (chocolate brown has always been popular with Coventry City fans!)...

and then there's Jorge Campos's shirt from the 1994 World Cup...

Ian D

Comment

Wah! pass the sunglasses

Comment

Athletico Bilbao from a few years ago...

Do you want me to stop???!!!
                  Ian D

Comment

I actually liked that Coventry kit. I remember it from when I used to get bubble gum that came with little plastic shields with football club motifs on.

I have a mate who's a Crystal Palace supporter, he always comments on their worst kit of all time:

ouch.

I liked that Coventry kit, I remember it from football cards and some bubble gum things I used to get with plastic shields in with club badges on.

No doubt there'll be a few more bad ones here Nigel's WebSpace - English Football Cards 1965/66 - 1979/80
                    Last edited by Heather74; 06-01-2009, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                      I actually liked that Coventry kit. I remember it from when I used to get bubble gum that came with little plastic shields with football club motifs on.

I have a mate who's a Crystal Palace supporter, he always comments on their worst kit of all time:

ouch.

I liked that Coventry kit, I remember it from football cards and some bubble gum things I used to get with plastic shields in with club badges on.

No doubt there'll be a few more bad ones here Nigel's WebSpace - English Football Cards 1965/66 - 1979/80
                      Stayed at a bed and breakfast in Blackpool last July and the owner was a Wolves fan. He had a shirt similar to this only in a hideous pale amber and black. He kept making jokes about us not stealing it. Felt ill every time i loked at it.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

We wore Brown and Gold quarters with white collars, black socks and shorts at school, but when that Coventry strip reared it's hideous head, we all felt a little better. As for it being worn by Ian Wallace with his ludicrous ginger afro...

Comment

I'm surprised that there's been no mention yet of the grey Manchester Utd & England shirts from the mid 1990s.

Brighton had an odd "splat pattern" shirt in the early 1990s.

My secondary school shirt was OK, it was reversable, with a red & blue side. It was fairly itchy to wear without a t-shirt underneath.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            I'm surprised that there's been no mention yet of the grey Manchester Utd & England shirts from the mid 1990s.

Brighton had an odd "splat pattern" shirt in the early 1990s.

My secondary school shirt was OK, it was reversable, with a red & blue side. It was fairly itchy to wear without a t-shirt underneath.
                            Why single the grey one out. Personally I find all Man U shirts hideous. Firstly because i am a blue and secondly because they have a red devil on the badge, stolen from my second sporting love Salford City Reds.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

These are some of my fave worst kits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrighty kit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	258901

Name:	Seaman kit.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	258902

Name:	NCFC kit.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	258903
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Name:	terry.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	258908

How vile is THIS? Everything about this shirt screams vulgar. From the colour, to the wearer, to the Chelsea badge (especially the Chelsea badge!!) Ooooh controversial..... LOL!

Come on Charlton!.... ok,ok relegated twice in 2 years but hey, WE'RE playing Wickham! Oooooooh!

"...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X