Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst football kit?

Worst football kit?
    I left junior school in 1977,and was in the school football team during 1976/1977.
    I got an England football kit in the early 70's,the Admiral one.White body with Red/blue
    stripped collar and cuffs,with a red/blue strip down the arms.it was the 1974 strip(best one ever IMHO).
    great quality and looked fab,BUT,our school strip was the worst in the league.
    Looked like something Stanley Matthews used to wear!
    Red/Black hooped socks! Grey (previously Black) shorts,long in the leg,and the shirts were half red/Half Black (gray)
    button up the front shirt types!
    No-one in the Leagues had worn this sort of kit since the very early 70's(71),and it was embarrassing to be seen in.
    Although there was a certain amount of pride playing for your school team,the kit was hideous.
    Anyone else have anything similar?(from the same era I mean,obviously If you played earlier
    you would have had a similar kit)..looked like something out of 'Kes'
    Last edited by sixtyten; 14-03-2007, 13:22.

Re: worst football kit?

Our School colour was marroon so why on earth were the footie strips blue, orange and red and white quarters? Still we had the coolest basketball vests green with white piping with numbers on the back and shoulder at a time when the other teams wore navy blue vests from the local Army and Navy stores.
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

Cool, we played Basketball in games and had a court, but only a football and Cricket team..odd

Comment

Bet you've got great Legs though.Boys!!!
        Heather

Comment

My School P.E. kit was hideous, in Primary school it was still, do P.E in your knickers and vest til about age 7-8 then we could bring in our own t-shirt and shorts.

Secondary School it was sky blue rugby top with white stripe, crimson knicker shorts and crimson p.e. skirt and crimson hockey socks, which we wern't allowed to roll down. Cross country kit was crimson vest and knicker shorts. Hated it.
          "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I hated PE knickers, how embarrassing were they No teenage girl should be made to run around in those ,and the PE skirts where just as bad, who the heck chooses these things .Spent most my time in high school "forgetting" my kit.
            Heather

Comment

My legs are my best feature Huggie. Remember the girls at school cringing through having to wear the navy knickers etc. PE teachers would be on the Sex Offenders list today if they insisted on that form of garb!
              The eyes have it!
              sigpic

Comment

Had to mention our PE kit, I loved it. Bog standard grey knickers, grey skirt, pale blue top and white ankle socks. Should have been long thick blue socks really but us girls looked far better in ankle socks. I have very fond memories of it as it was probably the last time I looked half decent in a mini skirt. Burbs `ll tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                  I hated PE knickers, how embarrassing were theyNo teenage girl should be made to run around in those,and the PE skirts where just as bad, who the heck chooses these things .Spent most my time in high school "forgetting" my kit.
                  I should probably point out, we did wear tops ,It was a white polo shirt.
                  Heather

Comment

Huggie phew....thought for a moment you had invented a new after the water shed TV sport........topless net ball
                    The eyes have it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Topless net ball?
                      That has legs!

Comment

Somewhere..there is a picture of this hideous kit,as I had the school team portrait and the later day one too,,will dig it out
                        luckily,as I was in goal I had a hideous Mustard yellow shirt to wear instead.
                        Although If I find the picture ,you'll see I'm the ONLY one in that shirt, the rest (reserves) are wearing mustard shirts with black collar.
                        crazy times? ..or just poor funding ( the reality)

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
                          Huggie phew....thought for a moment you had invented a new after the water shed TV sport........topless net ball
                          Bet it would be the most watched sport on T V
                          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                            Topless net ball?
                            That has legs!
                            Think I was aiming a little higher Daz
                            The eyes have it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Our school first team kit was a green and yellow but the second team had the best shirts,red & black stripes just like Manchester Citys away strip.I used to be so proud to wear any of those shirts.
                              Daz,I had an Admiral England tracksuit,white jacket with a blue/red collar and blue/red hoops around the arms.The trousers were tight fitting with stirrups.they were blue with a white/red stripe running down each leg..Superb tracksuit which cost my Mam the unheard of sum of £10 at the time..It must have been really special to me as I still remember it fondly 30 years later... I also had a Liverpool home kit and a red England Admiral away shirt and also a Scotland Argentina 1978 kit which I bought cheap on special offer with my paper round money because I liked the blue colour of the shirt!
                              Oggie.

Comment

Working...
                              X