Dates and Times on posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates and Times on posts

I was wondering whether posts can have both the date and time mentioned on them as soon as they are submitted? Sometimes it can be difficult to remember (ironically enough) when a recent post was submitted on a thread because it says "two weeks ago" rather than the actual date. On other forums the date and time format is automatically used. I like to keep track when it comes to when I posted something.

Mind you, thinking about it, what is the correct time to someone in one place is a different time to another - for example, when we put the clocks forward in March and back in October (which incidentally was when I made my very first batch of posts in 2017). As well as overseas members such as Donald the Great and those in the United States who might not see their local time on this website unless it is given from their computer clock. Indeed, I have seen other forums where the time is an hour out either way, and when the time is corrected due to clocks going back or forwards, one tends to get used to the fact that it is an hour out - perhaps that is an argument against this view?

Despite all that, does anyone actually think that displaying the actual date and time on postings as soon as they are made a good idea?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Dates and Times on posts

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I was wondering whether posts can have both the date and time mentioned on them as soon as they are submitted? Sometimes it can be difficult to remember (ironically enough) when a recent post was submitted on a thread because it says "two weeks ago" rather than the actual date. On other forums the date and time format is automatically used. I like to keep track when it comes to when I posted something.

Mind you, thinking about it, what is the correct time to someone in one place is a different time to another - for example, when we put the clocks forward in March and back in October (which incidentally was when I made my very first batch of posts in 2017). As well as overseas members such as Donald the Great and those in the United States who might not see their local time on this website unless it is given from their computer clock. Indeed, I have seen other forums where the time is an hour out either way, and when the time is corrected due to clocks going back or forwards, one tends to get used to the fact that it is an hour out - perhaps that is an argument against this view?

Despite all that, does anyone actually think that displaying the actual date and time on postings as soon as they are made a good idea?
    Sure....it is particularly frustrating on the quiz threads when last post shows 1 day ago and its more like 3 days, i know...i should get a life
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Can there be a longer time for a post to be edited please.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Can there be a longer time for a post to be edited please.
        I would like that as well - at least 15 minutes or so would be a lot better.

I hate it when it says "Last edited by [name] at [time]" at the bottom.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X