Thread: Burt Bacharach

Default Burt Bacharach

Not a band as such, but it is around this time of year after Christmas that I get into a Burt Bacharach sort of mood and listen to a few of the songs on YT that he composed (some with Hal David) for various artistes - the guy is a legend!

The songs that he did for Dionne Warwick, Dusty Springfield, Cilla Black, Herb Alpert and others is just divine to say the least! One of them was played at my father's funeral which probably says something about his music.

It's amazing that I typed in a number of various songs on YT and Bacharach was involved with many of them - also great that he's still around at the age of 90 as well.

I suppose that these days it's as fashionable to like this sort of stuff as to admitting to own a Max Bygraves or Des O'Connor LP that even charity shops wouldn't even touch with a bargepole.

They say that the Beatles made their mark in the 1960s, but then again Bacharach also did as well.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Default Re: Burt Bacharach

Burt Bacharach has written so many great songs over the years, I remember a very good documentary a few years ago about him on BBC4.

The Trickster On The Roof

Yes, a true sonwriting God - just don't buy any of his own singing albums!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Whilst i'm more of a rock afficianado i also appreciate a bit of easy listening when the mood takes me, Bacharach would be up there amongst the best in this genre. my fave bacharach composition would be Herb alperts version of This guys in love with you but he wrote many other great songs.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.