logans run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logans run

as a young'un this was my fave tv programme,logan on the run from the obsessive sandman francis. i even named my pet budgies logan & jessica!

i managed to catch a few episodes on the sci-fi channel a few months ago and couldn't believe how corny and hammy the acting was!

Re: logans run

If you get the chance, read the original book,but not the rehash paperbacks that came out after the TV series.
    I personally loved the film and liked the series,but it did run too long IMHO
    I really must get the movie on DVD.
    It was a family joke in my house that the film was never as good as the book. (something I NOW understand,as its normally true)
    My mum was a hardcore Alistair Maclean reader,who I tried but hated.(despite reading warlord and that stuff as a kid,I was never big on WAR)
    Everytime something like Guns Of Navarone,etc was on TV, the whole family would watch.. and wait for the moment my mum would say.."That wasn't in the book"..we used to laugh, but on reading Logan's Run,it was so much more indepth and really fired my imagination. one of the first I'd read at a young age to do so.(same with the Dirty Harry novel, great film but better book.
    I do have odd tastes though..my favorites are Graham Greene (nothing odd there),William Burroughs (odd) and J.G Ballard (can do odd and normal).George Orwell,however is the author that covers my bookcase, I have them all,same as GG)
    What I love in the books is the manipulation of language..something we can't get in movies without being OTT. the reason why the only "mainstream" director to attempt both was David Cronenberg.
    and..at the risk of sounding like my old mum, never got close to the books!
    (although both were deemed "Unfilmable", and probably best left that way.
    A clockwork Orange suffered the same fate.great book,not so great movie,but got a rep during the banning period of early/mid 70's films.
    Last edited by sixtyten; 17-03-2007, 02:15.

Comment

I loved Logan's Run, along with any other Sci Fi programmes that were on at the time. I'm still a big fan, but mainly read the books. I'm another one who sits there and say 'but it didn't happen like that in the book' and I was so disappointed the first time I watched Salem's Lot, as I never imagined the main guy to be blonde (he was played by David Soul).

Comment

I loved the film and read the books, sequels really, though heard bryan Singer was gonna remake the film .........

Comment

Working...
        X