Gary Wilmott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Wilmott

Ok bit of a strange one, but last night I had a dream about Gary Wilmott,I remember seeing him a lot on the t.v when I was young,I think I liked him because he looked so friendly, anyway as I could not remember where or what I would have seen him in,I did a google, but it didnt throw much up . Does anyone else remember anything about him,apart from his baby face?
    Heather

Re: Gary Wilmott

I remember Gary Wilmott too - I had such a crush on him as a kid. He had a programme called So You Want To Be Top, but he was on tons of other things too. I saw some people saying he was on Me & You with Comso and Dibbs but I have to say I don't remember seeing him on that myself. Strange you should mention him - he was on Comic Relief the other night. He's still working hard doing theatre from what I gather.

Comment

Yeah he's forever in musiclas visting Edinburgh these days. Haven't seen him on TV for ages.
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

He was on Red nose day on saturday he was in the celebrity audience when Peter kay and Mat Lucas where singing I would walk 500 miles.Me and the misses funny enough where talking about people from 80s tv and we talked about him then later that night she spotted him in the audience.Spookey ..lol..or the free booze and charity might have had more to do with it..lol

Comment

Gary Wilmott!! I met him while working at Butlins! He paid for his shopping with a BBC cheque - i put the money in the till and kept the cheque think i still got it somewhere
          sigpic

Comment

No way, you kept that one quiet, any other famous People at Butlins while you were there? If so get posting on the " famous people we have met" Thread and i'll read it later, when I'm bored
            Last edited by Heather74; 19-06-2007, 20:37.
            Heather

Comment

Just found this on Wiki, hope it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Wilmot
              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                Ok bit of a strange one, but last night I had a dream about Gary Wilmott,
                yep dreaming about Gary Wilmott definitely strange
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Garys surrogate mum & dad are very good friends of mine. They live in Spain

Garys' dad was a member of the Southlanders (remember I am a mole and I live in a hole) and Vernon who was the founder and lead singer of the group and Wendy his wife who was a showdancer at the palladium amongst many other places, took him under their wing. Vernon is in his late 70's now and still very active for his age.

He's well and happily working and still very much in touch with his surrogate mum & dad...I'll tell them tonight when I speak to them that someone was asking after Gary.

Comment

Yeah, tell them Heather was dreaming about him!
                    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Oh wow way cool, Tell him I think he's Cute lol
                      Heather

Comment

lol I will Heather

Comment

I remember him being an annoying little tw*t
                          Last edited by Heather74; 20-12-2008, 22:43.
                          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                            I remember him being an annoying little tw*t
                            Especially his garbage Norman Wisdom impression.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Went with a few lads for a week of boozing at a holiday camp on Hayling Island in the mid 80s (I know, jet set stuff). Gary Wilmott was one of the turns in the main bar, and exceedingly average he was too. We adjourned to a lesser bar and after his bit of the show was done, he walked in too. We ended up getting life threateningly drunk with him and he was fabulous company, not a bit of the showbiz or playing the big I am, just a damn fine drinking companion. I wouldn't pay a penny to see him perform, but if he's ever in the pub, I'll happily buy him a pint and pass the time of day. Top chap.

Comment

Working...
                              X