Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Threads

Default Missing Threads

Is it me, or has some threads disappeared? Just looking around this forum today and noticed it.

I assuming that as we are at the start of a brand new year, there has been some early spring cleaning in order to tidy a few things up or something like that.

I suppose, ironically enough that this thread could also be one of them!
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Default Re: Missing Threads

Hi the only threads that ever get deleted are either spam or ones not deemed family appropriate. What appears to be missing?

I can see three of them so far - firstly, the "films shown on Christmas Day after the Queen" thread that I started a couple of weeks ago, and there were two in the School Days forum that have been there for years and had disappeared when I posted on them in the early hours of this morning. Fair enough, if it had been moved to the Television forum I would understand, but it seemed to have gone - it does seem like a coincidence. I don't think that it is anything to do with my own computer that has caused it to happen!

I am certain that there must be some bug or something that has caused them to disappear when I posted in them - it seems very odd indeed. What must have happened was that when I submitted the postings, something eventually happened which would have deleted them or something.

I know that I had closer to 1,480 posts on the forum, and my post count has gone down by so ten or so posts if that helps.

I removed 13 pages of spam this morning, it's possible they have been mixed up with them if they had been posted on since yesterday.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Noticed the glue sniffing thread has gone
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

And you are surprised!?!

Spam has been a problem lately but all these are moderated before it can be seen on the forum.
    I deleted the sniffing glue thread but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather74 View Post
    And you are surprised!?!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

We've just had another major spam attack thankfully I caught it early and was able to deal with it without having to delete pages and possibly legitimate posts. I know forum members don't see it but it causes us mods issues when checking new posts.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    I removed 13 pages of spam this morning, it's possible they have been mixed up with them if they had been posted on since yesterday.
    Thanks for letting us know. In that case, I assume that my Christmas Day films thread had spam messages on it, although I didn't notice it myself when I added something on it myself in the early hours. I was almost reluctant to post on any of the threads today as I thought that my actions would delete them! - at least I now have a clear picture as to what has happened.

One assumes that restoring the thread would be like restoring the spam back on the forum of course, although I did have huge pride in starting the thread in the first place!

I feel sorry for the two school forum threads that were deleted as they had been started quite a few years ago by members long before I joined.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Noticed the glue sniffing thread has gone
    It's a nasty habit (glue sniffing that is, rather than the thread being deleted).